Anyone going to tafe? (1 Viewer)

Sarah J

HSC
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

I'm doing Tourism (International retail) this year.

Then I'm going to uni next year to do something completely different.

Don't ask me why. I've just always wanted a year off before uni. I was supposed to travel, but there was that whole money thing....... so I decided to go to TAFE, then if I ever drop out of uni, or if I don't like it I've got something to fall back on.

jessika

law chicky
HSC
hey sarah, I looked at the the same tourism course, for when I wanted to enrol in tafe, it sounded cool. So whats it like?

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
im at tafe doing youth work, didnt want to go straight to uni and keep up that hard work from the hsc, so i went for the easy option. plus i can earn more money this way to travel at the end of the year. what do you guys think of tafe???

Sarah J

HSC
It's an OK course. A bit boring though, but I'm gonna stick to it just so I've got something to fall back on. It'll get better though when we get past bloody Australia (hurry up, Europe!), and there's a tonne of assessments due in a couple of weeks.

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
do you guys have a heap of assessments... i think we counted 15 so far

mave

re: tafe

Yeah im studying through Tafe, im doing Certificate II in Retail Operations and Certificate II in Animal Attending.
Both i do external and yeah the courses are pretty good!

Catch up with ya later on,

Good luck this year ppl. :p :wave: purple[/COLOR]

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Yeah im gonna do an Architectural Technology course next year when i finish.
It goes for 2 years and I can get accreditation from it towards the construction management uni course i want to do.......which means i only have to do 3 years instead of 4 years.
Also, it will mean that i can work that time nd get some money, nd i can get austudy for uni.
The ohnly setback is that it is going to take 5 years to do everything instead of 4 years for just the uni course, but I'd rather do it this way so that i can get some money and have a bit of a rest from 24/7 studying!

:D :D :D :D

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
im doing cert 4 in youth work. its pretty full-on but because of the interest factor is a lot easier than school. and so much more freedom

ps. gotta love the pass/fail assessments

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I am doing tafe as part of my hsc, i am doing cert. 2 in tourism. Its a good subject, but i wanted to stay on and get a diploma, but my best friend told me that i should go to uni and study tourism.

blazezs

Originally posted by tammer
im at tafe doing youth work, didnt want to go straight to uni and keep up that hard work from the hsc, so i went for the easy option. plus i can earn more money this way to travel at the end of the year. what do you guys think of tafe???
Sounds alright doing stuff at TAFE :p

Ollz San

D.E.B
HSC
ah...
I'm doing HSC at tafe at the moment. I did year 11 at Ravenswood (well, I was physically there most of the time but nothing really went to mind...:rolleyes: ). long story but I decided to finish it at tafe.

it's actually heaps better. it was too competitive and restrained at school. too much censorship and bullshits around.
I love it at tafe. independence, freedom, etc.

PsyCheDeliC

yup, im going to tafe next year to do cert.3 in hospitality operations and maybe a bar tender course or something too, thatd be awsome
but yeh if im doing hospitality ill get an apprenticeship so i can get money at the same time, then im going to be a chef and open my own restaurent hehe well thats the plan anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)