Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hsc At Tafe?

HSC
    you could always repeat at school?
    but thats such a waste..because at school there is so many distractions...thats why at tafe they can cram year 11 and 12 in the one year
    you should go to the tafe website and look into it..
    I hear and i forget,
    I see and i remember,
    I do and i understand.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~asmaaza...doyou_know.htm

M . U . S . L . I . M - Muslim for Life and i will never give in.
    I Stand up and Speak out against those who Opress.
    I take Islam and i take no less.

http://www.jsalloum.org/meenerhabedam3.wmv

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through tears

http://www.harunyahya.com/m_articles.php

Quote Originally Posted by 69^boi
    i finished my hsc this year too....i did quite badly considering the lack of effort i put in n smart ppl calling me a dumbass.
    Congrats on finishing anyway! You might be surprised by your marks, so don't stress too much about it for now. Wait and see what happens. Don't listen to people who call you a dumbass.. you've finished your HSC and I don't care what anybody says, it's a HUGE accomplishment. If you care this much about it, you can't be a dumbass

i hope to do hsc better at tafe in a better environment like you said. also is everyone like more equal & mature there(they dont insult your intelligence etc..)
    It's a much better environment for a lot of people. Everybody's really supportive and respect each other for giving it another go or whatever. It's also nowhere near as competitive, which is one thing that sucked about high school.

Should i ring tafe now/go to career adviser to dicuss about doing HSC again or wait till i get my results in dec. thanks
    Maybe call TAFE and go and have a chat with whoever the HSC co-ordinator is at the tafe you want to go to? It might be reassuring for you to know what your options are etc. Don't give up hope about your HSC results for this year though.. you can leave talking to tafe for later if you want to, because you go to an information session and enrol at the beginning of next year, so there's no rush.

Bytheway what subjects you did? did you heaps heaps better
    Last year I did general maths, advanced english and extension 1 english. This year I did modern history, biology and geography (geog through OTEN). I did do alot better than I would have for everything except geography, but that's only because I couldn't handle the correspondence thing. I'll put it this way.. I failed year 11 advanced english at high school, and got a high band 5 at tafe. So it worked for me!

good luck! don't stress about it too much though.. enjoy your time off!
    --->I don't want to spend my life waiting for the weekend

HSC
    N/A
    i decided to wait till my results come back. My career adviser will help do the application and all other stuff

HSC
    Hey, I'll be doing the HSC at TAFE next year (year 11 drop-out :P) and from all the research i've found like, no tafes do software design. This is my best and favourite subject, so it's very bad for me if i don't do it. Also, any info about Ultimo? How it's like eg.

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Avalon
    Hey, I'll be doing the HSC at TAFE next year (year 11 drop-out :P) and from all the research i've found like, no tafes do software design. This is my best and favourite subject, so it's very bad for me if i don't do it. Also, any info about Ultimo? How it's like eg.
    Yeah, AFAIK you can't do SDD through OTEN either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Avalon
    Hi there Ken..
    have a look at this link..
    http://www.tafensw.edu.au/cgi-rdb/rd...PRINTVER_IND=N
    and this one
    http://www.tafensw.edu.au/flexible/hsc.htm

don't know about Ultimo tafe personally, sorry! But you should definately aim to do software somewhere if its your favourite subject.. makes all the difference! There's tables on the tafe website that list which subjects are available at which campuses, but I don't think it's up yet. Keep an eye out for that!

good luck with everything

Cadet
    HSC
    Does it take the whole year to do the HSC at tafe even if you only do one subject? The exams are still at the same time as people doing it at high school right? Im not happy with my results and Im considering redoing my HSC at tafe next year.
    Last edited by Karlz04; 24 Dec 2004 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz04
    Does it take the whole year to do the HSC at tafe even if you only do one subject? The exams are still at the same time as people doing it at high school right? Im not happy with my results and Im considering redoing my HSC at tafe next year.
    Hey Karlz.. takes the whole year at TAFE, whether you're doing 1 subject or 6. Bah! Includes prelim as well.. they squish it all into a year. Exams are exactly the same.. you do your trials a bit later though, because there's not really enough time to have gone through all of the HSC work by the time all the schools are doing their trials.
    Might still get into UNI or whatever it is you want to do.. keep your fingers crossed, but TAFE is always an option, and it's pretty alright.
    Good luck with everything and merry christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by jb_nc
    Did everyone that did their HSC at TAFE this year or last get good results? You don't need to post them if you want just say if you did better than school (if you have done it there) or just say good or bad.
    My results were alright.. well, I was happy with them anyway

2003 - HSC marks
    Advanced English - 85
    English Extension 1 - 44/50
    General Maths - 84

2004 - HSC marks
    Biology - 84
    Geography - 82
    Modern History - 83

UAI - 88.45

Cadet
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by lambkin
    Hey Karlz.. takes the whole year at TAFE, whether you're doing 1 subject or 6. Bah! Includes prelim as well.. they squish it all into a year. Exams are exactly the same.. you do your trials a bit later though, because there's not really enough time to have gone through all of the HSC work by the time all the schools are doing their trials.
    Might still get into UNI or whatever it is you want to do.. keep your fingers crossed, but TAFE is always an option, and it's pretty alright.
    Good luck with everything and merry christmas!
    Thanks mate. Merry Christmas to you too.

I knew it would finish at the same time, just wasnt sure if it would start right at the start of the year. Ive already done the HSC but want to redo physics, would I have to redo the prelim too?

HSC
    N/A
    hey iambinkin i just wanna know why you decide to spread your hsc over 2 years.
    i think you said you dropped out in yr 12 halfway, why not finish it in a yr, were you under some kind of extreme circumstances(e.g family, illness). thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Karlz04
    Thanks mate. Merry Christmas to you too.

I knew it would finish at the same time, just wasnt sure if it would start right at the start of the year. Ive already done the HSC but want to redo physics, would I have to redo the prelim too?
    ahh.. starts a bit later, I think.
    It depends on the subject.. for instance, for english we did about 2 weeks of preliminary work, and for biology the preliminary topics were mixed in with the HSC ones throughout the year. It's a pain in the ass (I'd already done prelim too), but they get it out of the way pretty quickly, and if you've already done it, no need to worry about doing brilliantly in the prelim assessments or anything.
    Might vary from TAFE to TAFE, I'm not sure..

Shuter
    I was reading the document on the OTED site and it said distance education enrollments must be completed by Febuary 28th if you wish to sit any of those subjects in the 2005 HSC.

hey iambinkin i just wanna know why you decide to spread your hsc over 2 years.
    i think you said you dropped out in yr 12 halfway, why not finish it in a yr, were you under some kind of extreme circumstances(e.g family, illness). thanks
    There was alot of stress in my personal life at the time.. I wanted to get it all over and done with in one year, but I spoke to the HSC co-ordinator at my TAFE quite a bit before I started, explained my circumstances etc, and he didn't think that I should try and do it all in one year. It was probably pretty likely that I'd have bombed out like I did in high school if I took on too much at that point in time. Everybody's different, but most of the people who did it in one year at my tafe either dropped out, or had a pretty miserable time. I think you're also alot less likely to get a higher UAI if you cram the two years into one.

HSC
    N/A
    i was thinking about doing it over 2 yrs becoz its kind of like less stressful but my friends just get it ova n done with in 1 yr!....

i was thinking about doing it over 2 yrs becoz its kind of like less stressful but my friends just get it ova n done with in 1 yr!....
    Each to there own.. maybe start off trying to do it in one year, and if it is too stressful, then drop a couple of subjects and do it over two?

Adam
    HSC
    I'm gonna start the hsc at bradfield college nxt yr which is part of the nth sydney institute of TAFE... and they always seem 2 get into the top percentage whatever in the hsc

HSC
    N/A
    r u doing all ya sub again

HSC
    N/A
    Iambkin good to you mate, hope you make into woteva course you want to do in uni & happy new year

Cadet
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by lambkin
    ahh.. starts a bit later, I think.
    It depends on the subject.. for instance, for english we did about 2 weeks of preliminary work, and for biology the preliminary topics were mixed in with the HSC ones throughout the year. It's a pain in the ass (I'd already done prelim too), but they get it out of the way pretty quickly, and if you've already done it, no need to worry about doing brilliantly in the prelim assessments or anything.
    Might vary from TAFE to TAFE, I'm not sure..
    Thanks heaps.

HSC
    Ahhh... I got a 67 UAI in 2003, when I really didn't try in the exams... hardly studied... Everyone's like "You'll regret it" and whatnot, and I just shrugged my shoulders... Bah. I really should have thought it through...

Anyway, I'm doing four subjects at North Sydney TAFE next year, hoping to get into B Arts at USYD... or maybe not, I'm still unsure. I'm doing EE1, EE2, Advanced English, and Religious Studies (2).

Anyway, good luck to anyone doing it again. Hopefully we can do better this time...

I wouldn't reccommend doing your whole HSC in one year though, 69^boi. It'd be pretty full on... I wouldn't be able to handle it. If you did well in some subjects just keep those marks and do a few more to improve your UAI like I'm doing. You might want to do say 6 units (3 subjects) in one year, see what UAI you get, then if it's not good enough, do another 2 or 3 subjects the next year. What were your results?
    When I open my eyes I must sigh, for what I see is contrary to my religion, and I must despise the world which does not know that music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.

Beethoven

Adam
    HSC
    no, dont go 2 nth sydney, go 2 bradfield :P

HSC
    N/A
    too far its rite before chatswood

HSC
    Bradfield? Do they run English Extension 2 there? That's the only reason I choe North Sydney...
    When I open my eyes I must sigh, for what I see is contrary to my religion, and I must despise the world which does not know that music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.

Beethoven

Adam
    HSC
    yup... they have extension 2 english

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information