Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hsc At Tafe?

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by duggoh
    Soz, I've been sick and haven't been able 2 even crawl out of bed...

You need to enrol at bradfield, you can't just "turn up" And there's also an interview process 2 to do any course
    Oh, I hope u feel heaps better duggoh! ----> :uhhuh:

And damn it about the bradfield thing! I'll have to call them today...
    "Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

- Duchess, Alice in Wonderland

Adam
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by IP_freely
    yes some tafes offer that Ultimo doesnt but the tafes that i know that allow u to do the prelim in 1 yr an hsc in 1 is Randwick tafe and im pretty sure Granville does as well
    BRADFIELD... i live near randwick and i wouldnt even go there, it takes me like 15mins 2 get 2 randwick and an hr a bit 4 bradfield, and im going 2 bradfield!

BRADFIELD!

HSC
    N/A
    yea get well duggoh

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by duggoh
    BRADFIELD... i live near randwick and i wouldnt even go there, it takes me like 15mins 2 get 2 randwick and an hr a bit 4 bradfield, and im going 2 bradfield!

BRADFIELD!
    Um, so r u going there duggoh? I applied, sent in all the docs + crap, waiting 4 da interview. I went ova to the N. Sydney one - didnt like it v. much; also visited Ultimo. So fucking huge, n they havent even verified all the subjects yet.
    I'm the opposite of u, I would take that long to get to Ultimo and like 15 mins to Bradfield.
    I hope to see some BOS ppl there!!!
    "Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

HSC
    Oh, I need to really make sure about this.

I'm repeating all but one of my subjects - but Ive heard that u cant do subjects in ONE year - u need to do them in TWO for the HSC.
    It's only one subject out of 5 that I havent done - do u think they'll let me? I rang up the college a billion times but they keep saying they'll ring me back, but they still havent. Do they or dont they let u do the HSC in ONE year?

HSC
    N/A
    uh..hey just wondering when the last day to apply? do you have to obtain an application directly from tafe? how is the candidate selected?

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasky
    Oh, I need to really make sure about this.

I'm repeating all but one of my subjects - but Ive heard that u cant do subjects in ONE year - u need to do them in TWO for the HSC.
    It's only one subject out of 5 that I havent done - do u think they'll let me? I rang up the college a billion times but they keep saying they'll ring me back, but they still havent. Do they or dont they let u do the HSC in ONE year?
    Yes, they do let you do the HSC in one year.

Ultimo only let you do 3 subjects if you want to do them in one year, due to the increased workload.

North Sydney allow you to do all 5 subjects in one year, but they don't recommend it, for obvious reasons.

I'm not sure about Bradfield, sorry.

I don't think it matters whether you've done the subject before or not, at least that's how I understand it. You'll repeat the prelimenary regardless, it'll just be a very short prelimenary... like one month. Both prelimenary and HSC courses are combined into the one year program. That's how it works with English Extension at North Sydney anyway, so I imagine this is how other subjects are run also.

Aslong as Bradfield has similar rules to North Sydney, they should let you do four subjects.
    When I open my eyes I must sigh, for what I see is contrary to my religion, and I must despise the world which does not know that music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.

Beethoven

HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by 69^boi
    uh..hey just wondering when the last day to apply? do you have to obtain an application directly from tafe? how is the candidate selected?
    It's different for each campus. You're probably better off ringing whichever one you're interested in attending and asking them...

I know Ultimo's enrolment day is around the 22nd, and North Sydney's around the 27th. Again, not sure about Bradfield.
    When I open my eyes I must sigh, for what I see is contrary to my religion, and I must despise the world which does not know that music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.

Beethoven

HSC
    N/A
    Sasky i thought you cant repear yr 12 at bradfield as they have their hsc assesment in term 3?

HSC
    Sasky i thought you cant repear yr 12 at bradfield as they have their hsc assesment in term 3?
    wHAT Da?

DO u mean u cant repeat yr.11+12 together in one year? Or yr.12 in one year?
    Hsc assessment term 3? Do u mean trials?

HSC
    N/A
    no i mean you cant repeat yr at bradfield coz they their 1st hsc assesment in term 3 like most school? also are you repeating just yr 12 asumming your an o4'er or yr11+12. sorry for the confusion.

HSC
    N/A
    i meant started their 1st hsc asses in term 4

HSC
    N/A
    all yea answerinh these question will be helpful too phatic & thanks phatic

HSC
    N/A
    i mean sasky fuck whats wrong wit my english

HSC
    WTF...
    What have you been smoking 69 boi

Beethoven

HSC
    N/A
    Weed Brother!!

HSC
    yes... what is wrong wit ur english!!! (ha ha lookies @ mine)

But yeah, did HSC 2004.

So in CLEAR english, ur saying: I cant do one year of either the HSC+Prelim(yr.11) OR the HSC again THIS year at Bradfield?

Or no?

HSC
    N/A
    you know WHAT? just forget whateva i said due to my lack of grammer & answer this question above!! thanks and its in regards to bradfield.

HSC
    N/A
    http://www.bradfieldcollege.info

follow the link , I think its too late to apply for bradfield anyway because it runs on a similar timetable to school and they usually cant fit any extra people in cos they have like 270 + people doing they're HSC there.
    you'd be better off applying at north sydney, ultimo, granville or randwick their programs are just as good and bankstown, gymea & wollongong ain't half bad either
    I should know I've been going to TAFE since year 10

HSC
    N/A
    thanks hey i was wondering if your like in yr10 and going into yr11....can you your full prelimary at tafe? & full Hsc the year after that(besides bradfield cos its a senior high school), i think i should done because its a more relaxed, adult envronment. which tafe you go to?

HSC
    N/A

HSC
    N/A
    you can do a prelim year at randwick& granville and to a lesser extent bankstown
    I personally did yr 10 then did 3 subjects matric, its better that way if you do extension and yeah its a heaps better environment, me and friend try to get as many kids as possible to escape the horror that is school and go to TAFE instead, I mean one of the props is that we got around 15hrs worth extra tuition if we wanted in the ILC for math or english and our bio teacher is a uni prof. and he is in the paper all the time. plus the people are a million times better. I personally go to 3 diff. TAFEs Bankstown, Gymea and Wollongong

no the second one is the old no. that TAFE referred to the HSC with . The first is the new one. prelim is part of hsc studies 6500 sorta like your first year subs at uni
    Last edited by kami; 10 Jan 2005 at 6:59 PM.

HSC
    N/A
    wot u mean by the 2nd one? so you mean the correct course for those who wish to do the full prelim and hsc year is course no. 6500 which is in the below link?
    http://www.tafensw.edu.au/howex/serv...&CourseNo=6500
    Last edited by 69^boi; 10 Jan 2005 at 7:09 PM. Reason: add more info

HSC
    N/A
    look at the links and their no.s 4142 is the old reference no. , 6500 is the new one

by the way which TAFE and courses are u looking at cos the list on TAFENSW's siteis so totally off on the subs

HSC
    N/A
    ohhh i see its say it been replaced by course by the old course 4142!!! got lost there lol!!

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information