"Standby List" (1 Viewer)

WishUponAStar

Happy Tafe Student!
HSC
Okay, I was fine when I didn't get into Uni, because I really wanted to go to TAFE.

But, this morning, I finally got my TAFE letter and it said that I'm not accepted, but I've been put on a standby list.

I thought I'd be sure to get in because for the last two years, I've done part of Certificate 3 in Children's Services after school on Tuesdays. I applied for both Certificate 3 and the Diploma. Should I not have told them that I have already done some of Certificate 3?

Anyway, I'm utterly disapointed now because I have no idea what to do with myself.

What are the chances of me getting chosen off the standby list?

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
last time i applied to tafe i was put on the standby list and didn't get called

Jezzabelle

just go to the head honcho and beg, plead, grovel... exagerate your skills/experience, get lots of impressive references/portfolio and show your passion for the course....

they'll cave in eventually

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i cant believe even tafe they have a stand by list???

is it that popular.

the last time i applied i got an offer, i jus refused thats all.. :S

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yeh they do have a standby list
I was suprised last yr when I applied and didn't get in.

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
I was put on a standby list this year after they had rang me and said I was already in the course. So I was confused and rang them up about it and they said not to take any notice of it.. It was a tafe error and they had been sending them to lots of people by mistake. A few people in my tafe class had the same thing happen to them.

Im not sure if your letter is in the same situation but i would ring them just to make sure it wasnt a mistake... and sometimes tafe admin are lazy and dont ring ppl.

Im so glad i ended up ringing them because my course was awsome!

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
benovista what course did you do?

lilmzqt

+.~*Special*~.+
HSC
i got put on standby for the same course (diploma of childrens services) and im reeli screwed coz that was like my last option kinda thing reeli so i dunno wat im gunna do......:(

luckyduck

i tell you lilmzqt!
come do insearch! i'm planning on doing it! but i don't know yet!

good pathway to uts!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
im on stand by for all my preferences
which sucked coz i had nothing else to do but tafe
but now i dont care coz i got other stuff to do

ppl keep telling me dont worry u will get in..after ppl accept and reject their offers..there will definately be a place
but i dunno...

hellboy

HSC
N/A
insearch is a private collge that is affliated with uts, many ppl use it as a pathway to some good courses which is really hard to get in through hsc, it is very costly should u look around 18k-20k for the entire course, it is mainly dedicated to international students but they also allow local students in as long as ur willing to pay the same amount as some international fee paying students, in my opinion, it is not really fair since we are local students. If i were you i wouldn't risk that kind of money to go into uni, since tafe can also land you in a good uni but with much less in cost. :D

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
i was on standby for my tafe courses, i have not yet recieved notification if i have gotten in or not and its nearly the end of jan.
basically, i have nothing to do with myself if i dont get in
im so fucking disapointed.
i dont want to go to uni
i have rung up, begged, asked for interviews everything with tafe
they told me what my place was on the list and that it was highly unlikely ill get in, but i should still wait incase i do get accepted
now i have to go for enrolment day on the 28th of jan and find myself some shitkicker course.
bla.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
they called my up yesterday while i was in queensland to tell me i got into graphics + design! (After i applied + got into photography)
hahaah thank god coz it was the original course i got, jst gotta transfer the amoutn or something

so yayyyy i start next week! so soooooooon lol

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i know this thread was started ages ago...but meh
anyone on the standby list for childrens services, dont worry..you might get a call, but otherwise, there's always next semester.
i was on standby for the diploma (full & part time) & cert 3...got into p-t diploma (got a call on monday - nice & late)...there's hope for all of us..dont fret, that wont get you anywhere

WishUponAStar

Happy Tafe Student!
HSC
Just posting to say that just as I was about to give up all hope of getting into TAFE this semester, I got a call saying that I got into the Diploma of Children's Services part time!

I go on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights and I'm so happy that I got in.

Hmmm. So, yes, thanks for replying everyone and reading about my moment of melodramatic panic :p.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)