chils studies???? (1 Viewer)

M!ss B

hi just wondering if anyone is doing child studies.. what stage? what campus n hows it goin so far??

Last edited by a moderator:

Juliet

HSC
Hi, 04gurl i'm doing child studies at TAFE, i've been there for 18 months now, i'm at Meadowbank TAFE. I'm atm in Cluster 3, so i'll finish at the end of this year. Its going ok, a lot of hard work, don't really have time for any personal reflections. The theory, i find, is really interesting. :)

Last edited:

bron_the_ambo

HSC
I'm doing child studies at school...
Very cool... But I have to drop it next year cos its non UAI...
So sad. I know you didn't really want to know that but I felt like sharing and caring!

lissyloo87

HSC
Loving my child studies tafe course. Was doing it at Wollongbar in Northern NSW but they axed it at end of year 11... was so pissed, u have no idea... but another tafe picked up the course so thankfully it didn't completely fuck up my hsc. Loving the topics we cover... nutrition, development, communication... it's all good. If you have any questions let me know... i'm continuing on to do cert 3 next year. My e-mail is lissyloo87@hotmail.com

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i'm doing the dip. stage 1 (part time) right now at wollongong...might be changing over to cert 3 if i get this ooshc traineeship that i had an interview for a couple of weeks ago
its pretty interesting, eventhough i really wanna do primary teaching not early childhood

M!ss B

yea same here i wana do primary.. so im hopin il get a transfer into uni at the end of my diploma.. im currently at stage 1 but stage 2 starts after the holz.. so much work is involved.. workplacement was fun n interesting...

Juliet

HSC
I just finished workplacement, it was...interesting. Ahem.
At Meadowbank they have given our class an entirely new timetable for next semester. It will incorporate 2 days of TAFE classes, two days of workplacement, and one day free everyweek. From week 3 to 17 or something.

Last edited:

Juliet

HSC
Yes, children's services requires a lot of money spending...Cluster 4 in becoming the most challenging work i've had to do in my life. 8 weeks to go...how are guys going?

jillybean

jillybean
HSC
hi, im doing child studies at crows nest and am in cluster 2. its good, but heaps expensive. ive made many good friends. but have recently figured out through workplacements that i dont wanna do child care, after i finish the diploma im hoping to do either primary or soemthing with business

Juliet

HSC
I finish my Diploma in 2 weeks, actually its 9 days now, yay! I have also discovered i don't want to do childcare. I've decided to do social work in the new year.

Eeeber

HSC
I am doing T-Vet I am thinking about continuing is the Diploma class much different then the T-Vet class?

Juliet

HSC
I have finished the Diploma finally, great to be on holidays. Eeeber: i didn't do T-Vet while i was a school, but after discussion with some fellow classmates who did: Cluster 1 is quite similar to T-Vet, but once you move up to Cluster 2 the work load becomes more challenging and so forth as you move through the course, good luck.

froggy_chik87

HSC
does anyone know if they start the diploma in semester two, because all the places are full for semester one, and it would be heaps more convenient if i could start semester two...

so has anyone ever been able to start diploma in semester two?? :p

Juliet

HSC
At Meadowbank Tafe, i am pretty sure they have midyear enrolements, since we often saw "the class above us", and i also had friends in that class. I would advise that you ring the Tafe you wish to apply too and find out. Good luck.

delz

HSC
Re: childs studies????

Hey guys I'm currently studying child studies at Wollongbar Tafe cluster One, really enjoying it

froggy_chik87

HSC
Anyone doing Dip. Childrens Services?

i have just accepted my place for dip. childrens services, at crows nest, anyone else doing this course?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)