Apprenticeships/Traineeships (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Is anyone planning on doing one next year?

I'm hopeing to get into Viticulture, Agriculture, Horticulture or Aquaculture next year, if I don't get into University, hopefully getting an apprenticeship in which every industry I choose.

Anyone else apply for TAFE? If so, wotcha applying for?

Vdub_fanatical

I'm thinkin about doin the Automotive Administrative Services Apprenticeship at a Volkswagen workshop - I got 3 offers already and Volkswagen Australia backing me up all the way :)

pompous

i'm in yr 12 rite now and looking 4 an electrical apprenticeship but not really sure how to go about it...

mcmurphy

i'm doing a certificate III in business traineeship this year, and it is so easy it's not funny. my assessor comes every month or so and goes "oh great mad work you are excellent" .

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Originally posted by pompous
i'm in yr 12 rite now and looking 4 an electrical apprenticeship but not really sure how to go about it...
try www.newapprenticeships.gov.au, they have lots of useful information regarding apprenticeships, including how to go about finding one.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Im planning to do Real Estate Property Management apprenticeship/traineeship thanks to Bimbo ;) i think Real Estate is "GREAT" i can eventually open my own agency as i save up $$ and my parents are also financing me :) however, i will be attending Uni to get my degree, afterwards because Uni degree always stands out, but this is few years down the track, i've got my long term focus set, hope it works out :)

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Originally posted by jezzmo
couldn't find any IT apprenticeships :( ..there likely to be any?
generally, it is up to you to approach an employer and ask for an apprenticeship/traineeship. Many people gain positions with employers who never even advertised. They don't all advertise on job search :) see the New Apprenticeships site in my post above for more info...

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
yeah, but don't you feel nervous when you decide to take a traineeship with a company, like don't you feel nervous you may underperform etc.. etc...

What are some strategies to overcome this barrier

Benovista

Old Schooler
HSC
Originally posted by jezzmo
couldn't find any IT apprenticeships :( ..there likely to be any?
On the job search site there are a couple every now and than but 80% of the IT job market is hidden.

LaZy_KoReAn

DrunkenMC
HSC
Originally posted by Benovista
On the job search site there are a couple every now and than but 80% of the IT job market is hidden.
yerp your rite, but i dont think it is 80%

and this is the same for other industry's

Bimbo

Southern Girl
Originally posted by LaZy_KoReAn
yeah, but don't you feel nervous when you decide to take a traineeship with a company, like don't you feel nervous you may underperform etc.. etc...

What are some strategies to overcome this barrier
Most people feel nervous when they start ANY new job, not just traineeships :) You will start becoming more confident as time progresses, as you will be learning more skills and being given more responsibility. Being nervous is just natural, and even if you do make a few mistakes (provided they aren't HUGE mistakes :p ), don't worry. And remember that your employers once started in a similar position to you, as a junior, so they do understand what it's like to be new :)

Kiya

I want to get an apprenticeship in hospitality but i dont wanna start when the do - which is november like the monday after my formal, no way im starting that soon so iam thinking i will start next year if possible

MrMiK

im thinkn of goin for an IT traineeship.. maybe even move to sydney or melbourne if i need to.. i heard theres more opertunities..

kokeshi

HSC
N/A
TAFE applications are due quite soon. I'd like to do a fine arts course. Graphic design, children services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)