paying for tafe courses (1 Viewer)

Callistogenic

HSC
You'll get an invoice in the mail, or an invoice online.

Aren't you already enrolled in a TAFE course though? Wouldn't you pay for this one in the same way that you did the other?

LABRAT

HSC
If you have just enrolled in a course that you applied for, yes they will invoice you, but if you are enrolling in a course that you just turn up to and enrol on a set day, you pay on the day you enrol at the campus. If your paying at the campus they dont accept cash, so you will have to use a card.

Hanzo

HSC
do you know how much you hafto pay for those " just turn up on the day to enrol" courses?

mrivz

HSC
do i have to pay the same time as when i enrol coz im having difficulties getting the money required before the enrolment day!!! Like can i enrol or sign up on monday and pay on tuesday?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
mrivz said:
do i have to pay the same time as when i enrol coz im having difficulties getting the money required before the enrolment day!!! Like can i enrol or sign up on monday and pay on tuesday?
I remember back in 03' that when I enrolled and got the stamp on my slip for my year 10 course it was so busy that I came back on the next day to pay enrollment fees - though I can't tell you if that applies to your campus or is still allowed in 06.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
As long as you pay before attending first set of classes you should be fine. Just let them know you will pay next couple of days. If you think you will have problems for a few weeks something can be worked out as well just let the teacher know beforehand.
The process is
1) Pick up enrolment form
2) Read stuff and fill out form
3) Return form to staff member for them to check and sign
4) Take enrolment form to front counter to be processed and pay or go to centrelink to get fee exemption form filled out before front office
5) Attend classes

The cash minimisation procedures are in place because a few people back in the late 90s thought that campuses during enrolment periods (when they might process a few hundred enrolments, especially late at night) were easier to rob than banks. If caring for staff safety is homo then good for us.

bumbo_hippo

HSC
yeah you can!

ermm...i paid my fees...
but i recieve the centrelink youth allowance thing...
to get my money back...what do i do??

Hanzo

HSC
wat da shit
i went to tafe today to enrol in chinese cert i
and da lady just told me to put my name on some list and say its a waiting list coz classs if full so i neva got to enrol
so i just went home..
and when i got home the office person calls my mob and says they now have a place for me in the class. and asked me where i was .. and i told em i just got home and it will take 40 mins to go back to da city.. and ders not enough time.. coz they close their enrolments at 7 .. so she gave me the coordinators name and contact number and told me to call him tomorow, and said she will hold a place for me in the class..

y couldnt they just put me in da class in da first place! :(

bumbo_hippo

HSC
wow...that really does suck for you!! poor you!!
there is really that many people who want to do chinese?? that is amazing!! i would never want to do chinese!! haha...even though i speak it perfectly fine i just can't read and write!!

well...good luck with that!!
hope they don't change their mind at the last minute!!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
bumbo_hippo said:
yeah you can!

ermm...i paid my fees...
but i recieve the centrelink youth allowance thing...
to get my money back...what do i do??
Then bring in your proof of centrelink thing and your payment receipt and take it to the office and then you get a refund for your payment. In the future though, bring the centrelink proof of allowance in the firstplace and you won't neccesarily have to pay those fees

Hanzo

HSC
bumbo_hippo said:
wow...that really does suck for you!! poor you!!
there is really that many people who want to do chinese?? that is amazing!! i would never want to do chinese!! haha...even though i speak it perfectly fine i just can't read and write!!

well...good luck with that!!
hope they don't change their mind at the last minute!!
did u enrol at ultimo tafe?

bumbo_hippo

HSC
kami said:
Then bring in your proof of centrelink thing and your payment receipt and take it to the office and then you get a refund for your payment. In the future though, bring the centrelink proof of allowance in the firstplace and you won't neccesarily have to pay those fees

i did bring it~~
and i marked that i get money from centrelink on my evaluation form when i went to my info session~
i thought they would ask for it! but they did...
even if they didn't give me back my money...its ok...it wasn't that much anyway

but thanks!! i will try it when i go back to school maybe tomorrow or something to buy my books!!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
bumbo_hippo said:
i did bring it~~
and i marked that i get money from centrelink on my evaluation form when i went to my info session~
i thought they would ask for it! but they did...
even if they didn't give me back my money...its ok...it wasn't that much anyway

but thanks!! i will try it when i go back to school maybe tomorrow or something to buy my books!!
There usually is an exemptions line and fees payment line - you don't go in the same queue as everyone else if you get an exemption, at least to my experience. So just make sure you remember next time.:)

bumbo_hippo

HSC
kami said:
There usually is an exemptions line and fees payment line - you don't go in the same queue as everyone else if you get an exemption, at least to my experience. So just make sure you remember next time.:)

there was?
when i went there was only 1 line!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
bumbo_hippo said:
there was?
when i went there was only 1 line!
Then there probably wasn't many people that day asking for exemptions...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)