Anyone keen to share their after school schedule? (1 Viewer)

dravok1

HSC
So i;m starting to slack off real bad. I tried planning my weekly to do list but that failed

Anyone keen to share their schedule with me? so i can see how peoples study patterns look like

leehuan

HSC
So i;m starting to slack off real bad. I tried planning my weekly to do list but that failed

Anyone keen to share their schedule with me? so i can see how peoples study patterns look like
Whilst you can get a feel for other people's study schedule, note that copying or just simply taking ideas doesn't benefit your own. All you can get is tips; you devise your own.

Hexane_

HSC
I agree with leehuan, different schedules work for different people. The only important part is a strict study schedule and that you stick with it. For me its
3:25 - 6:00 Free time
6:00 - 7:00 Dinner
7:00 - 9:30 With a 15 minute break at 8:00, Studying material and completing work from the day, then if i finish that i start on reviewing my notes with the Cornell notes system.

Then on Weekends in the morning and evening I go through my notes and review all the notes from the Term, drilling them into my mind, and also reading around the subjects.

A Joke from my Chem teacher
Do it once: Atar - 50
Do it twice: Atar - 75
Do it three times: Atar - 99.95

The most important thing is consistency and sticking with it. In my schedule there is plenty of free time that i can expand into if i need to for more study.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
1. school
2. nap till like 6-7
3. semi-work procastinate till 8
4. work till 2
5. sleep
6. repeat

Kaido

be.
HSC
A schedule is not enough to pinpoint what you need to get done. Instead, you shoud learn how to manage and organise a planner - in which you will lay out everything you wish to get done, and at roughly which days/specific time you will get it done (which is now the scheduling part).

Kaido

be.
HSC
Im sure youve heard people bragging about their all nighter study sessions. But in most cases, they probably didnt get much shit done.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
I agree with leehuan, different schedules work for different people. The only important part is a strict study schedule and that you stick with it. For me its
3:25 - 6:00 Free time
6:00 - 7:00 Dinner
7:00 - 9:30 With a 15 minute break at 8:00, Studying material and completing work from the day, then if i finish that i start on reviewing my notes with the Cornell notes system.

Then on Weekends in the morning and evening I go through my notes and review all the notes from the Term, drilling them into my mind, and also reading around the subjects.

A Joke from my Chem teacher
Do it once: Atar - 50
Do it twice: Atar - 75
Do it three times: Atar - 99.95

The most important thing is consistency and sticking with it. In my schedule there is plenty of free time that i can expand into if i need to for more study.
Personally I don't think it's a good idea to have that much free time early after school, rather I feel that studying first then rewarding yourself is a better idea.
My study pattern fluctuates depending on how many Assessments are coming up, homework, and lessons that I didn't understand.

Adjust how many hours depending on the difficulty on the subject and how long it takes to do the work.
E.G. A day where Chemistry, Business Studdies, MEX1 & MEX2 require work.
3:10 - 4:00 Eat, watch videos etc.
4:00 - 6:00 - Take 1 hour each for Chemistry & BST.
6 - 7 - Eat.
7 - 11 - 2 Hours each for MEX1 MEX2.

A day where not much is relevant and fairly carefree.
3:10 - 4:30 Relax your mind, take a nap etc.
4:30 - 6:00 Finish relevant homework or revise on material.
6:00 - 7:00 Eat
7:00 - 11:00 Create notes, study ahead on topics, and also a mix of procrastinating.

Weekends you should be doing homework and revising on material that wasn't fully understood. Personally I don't create notes before hand, but rather make them 3 or 4 weeks before an exam or a week before an assessment so I'm able to understand what I wrote and remember vaguely the basics of the topic. Doing past papers for Maths is also important as most likely, all topics will be relevant in your work.

blackbird_14

HSC
Personally I don't think it's a good idea to have that much free time early after school, rather I feel that studying first then rewarding yourself is a better idea.
My study pattern fluctuates depending on how many Assessments are coming up, homework, and lessons that I didn't understand.

Adjust how many hours depending on the difficulty on the subject and how long it takes to do the work.
E.G. A day where Chemistry, Business Studdies, MEX1 & MEX2 require work.
3:10 - 4:00 Eat, watch videos etc.
4:00 - 6:00 - Take 1 hour each for Chemistry & BST.
6 - 7 - Eat.
7 - 11 - 2 Hours each for MEX1 MEX2.

A day where not much is relevant and fairly carefree.
3:10 - 4:30 Relax your mind, take a nap etc.
4:30 - 6:00 Finish relevant homework or revise on material.
6:00 - 7:00 Eat
7:00 - 11:00 Create notes, study ahead on topics, and also a mix of procrastinating.

Weekends you should be doing homework and revising on material that wasn't fully understood. Personally I don't create notes before hand, but rather make them 3 or 4 weeks before an exam or a week before an assessment so I'm able to understand what I wrote and remember vaguely the basics of the topic. Doing past papers for Maths is also important as most likely, all topics will be relevant in your work.
You get home at 3:10?! That's when I finish school!
I tend to start practice around 4:30pm-5/5:30pm then start homework till dinner, then do some revision/more homework after dinner, and try to get to sleep by 11pm. On the weekends I tend to do the most work, with about 3-4 hours of solid work each day.

Zohal99

HSC
Mine varies but this is on a normal school day (not during the heavy assessment weeks)

1. Get home at 4:10pm
2. Nothing school wise till 5:30pm.
3. Work for 2 hours straight (try to avoid procrastination) - turn wifi on phone off
4. Dinner around 7:30pm
5. Study from 8-9pm (try to avoid procrastination) - turn wifi on phone off.

The times vary though. Sometimes I do nothing till only 5pm and then I go study for 2 and a half hours straight. Sometimes I don't start school work till 6pm and then work for two hours straight and eat dinner a little later than usual.

During assessment weeks it's usually
School work from 5-7:30 and then from 8-9 sometimes 9:30

On the weekend the max hours of study I get in is 7 hours per day which rarely happens, and the minimum is 4 hours < I usually achieve this.

It depends on what works for you. I like working in big blocks with significant breaks in between.

leehuan

HSC
It's funny how you guys are all talking about study schedules and I was like

Go home. Shower first and maybe early dinner. Then play games for a good few hours unless I had an assignment I desperately had to do.

I just overloaded myself during the lead-up to the exams. Hey, I still got 98+

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
It's funny how you guys are all talking about study schedules and I was like

Go home. Shower first and maybe early dinner. Then play games for a good few hours unless I had an assignment I desperately had to do.

I just overloaded myself during the lead-up to the exams. Hey, I still got 98+
Well to be fair you only did 4 subjects in your HSC year :lol:

leehuan

HSC
Well to be fair you only did 4 subjects in your HSC year :lol:
MX1 acceleration was both a good choice and a mistake.

I should've at least repeated it. Could've gotten 99 >_>

Yet I might not have gotten 90 in physics if I did.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
tbh they should let you retake the exams for subjects that you accelerated without having to like, go to class lol

EDIT: Actually I wonder how often people have a better mark for X2 maths than X1. I would expect it to be very rare lol

leehuan

HSC
tbh they should let you retake the exams for subjects that you accelerated without having to like, go to class lol

EDIT: Actually I wonder how often people have a better mark for X2 maths than X1. I would expect it to be very rare lol
I rejected doing exams again after my first one was a pathetic 32/36

helloimyellow

HSC
Different strokes for different folks, so you really just have to try and see what works for you.

In my HSC year, I would usually do most of my study during frees (had at least 2 hours a day) then go to a library or cafe after school to do more study until about 6. Went home, ate dinner, then bludged the rest of the night (I procrastinate a LOT at home).

I never really had a 'list' per se, I found it more effective to just write out my daily and weekly goals on a whiteboard and tick them off (like do X amount of past papers or memorise Y pages of notes) as I didn't want to plan every hour of every day.

All this is just what worked for me, and might not work for you though. Good luck :)

leehuan

HSC
Ahahah its not like you wouldn't have caught up lele
It was thoroughly embarrassing cause I lost to like 5 people. Of course, I didn't study for it but still.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)