2016ers - if you could say one thing to yourself this time last year... (1 Viewer)

mrstripedshades

HSC
actually study if, even a little bit in the holidays (especially main holidays).

Majority of my trials study happened in the first 2 weeks of school coming back from term break, didnt study at all in big summer holidays except last few days did one module of Chemistry.

Honestly didnt affect my marks much negatively, becaues thats what i've always done. But its a really bad habit and now I regret it because I rely on others notes for half the syllabus of Chem and Physics

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Pace yourself. I dived straight into doing 5 hrs a night, and yeh I did do good for my term 1 exams, but I kept having periods of just utter demotivation and completely burnt out.

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
Hold onto yourself, Do not bury your head in the sand when things get tough, keep fighting, the bad times will come, and it might feel like a nighmare you cant get away from, but it end.
Study hard, MAKE THOSE GOD DAMM NOTES!

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
make notes throughout the year and keep your assesments and feedback you get - look over your marks a week after you get them to get a 'fresh' unclouded view of what you actually did so you can see how to improve.

your best work will actually happen right before your exam. my trial essays were so shit in comparison to what i wrote the night before AOS. you do get better even if you dont feel like you are improving at all, just keep writing!

and finally, work hard play hard. i was going to parties every weekend after trials - helps so much to let stress out, if its your thing. otherwise find whatever's fun and social for you and do that a lot after studying. (study during week and go out on weekend afternoons sort of thing)

Shuuya

HSC
Although the term 4 assessment marks may seem really important at the time, in retrospect they don't play as huge of a role as you may think, so don't feel like a failure if you aren't able to meet your expectations. Your HSC is not screwed. Just keep on doing what you've always been doing, and remember that you'll get there in the end somehow, so it'll be ok :)

Well it's not over yet so I don't really know, but I'm hoping that it'll be ok [emoji28]

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Although the term 4 assessment marks may seem really important at the time, in retrospect they don't play as huge of a role as you may think, so don't feel like a failure if you aren't able to meet your expectations. Your HSC is not screwed. Just keep on doing what you've always been doing, and remember that you'll get there in the end somehow, so it'll be ok :)

Well it's not over yet so I don't really know, but I'm hoping that it'll be ok [emoji28]
Unless of course your competing for 1st place and came 3rd by 1.5 marks and could have came first if you tried harder in the 4th term assessment....*cries*

meDAawesome

HSC
tbh now that I'm in my post modern mood just remember that the HSC is a marathon and you need to pace yourself. The HSC exams count for 50% of your atar, thats more than any internal assessment will count. What I saw is so many of my friends, including myself to an extent, completely burnt out after studying non stop for the Trials and then did barely any study in the period to the HSC exams cos they were burnt out.

Pace yourself, take it one step at a time and don't spend 8 hours a day studying you'll just burn out

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
don't take the easy way and find short cuts. hard work never has short cuts.

UnbiasedProductivity

The lurker.
HSC
Do the entire Cambridge book in a month (For 2U/3U). You'll never have to worry about maths again. Until actual HSC, then do past papers.
I did the topics I was weak at, in a week and I went from 60% to 92% within that week. So yeah. Do the book.

And enjoy the year. You'll never have an experience like the HSC. Don't stress over the smaller things in life.

sourmilk

HSC
Don't overestimate your abilities in subjects you'd think you'd do well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)