syd cutting numbers? (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
apparently some courses at Usyd are cutting numbers!!

timmii

sporadic attendee
Perhaps...apparently they've stopped offering economic history as well! :(

Hehe was at unsw tonite tho, still wouldnt swap unis...:p

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
they stopped offering economic history in the faculty of Economics and Business, but i think it's been moved to the faculty of Arts.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by user
they stopped offering economic history in the faculty of Economics and Business, but i think it's been moved to the faculty of Arts.
Oh yeah u're right, sorry bout that...Dont know if all courses were moved over, but definitely the major ones were :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
school told us
maybe ask someone or go to their website?

googy_1985

HSC
N/A
Hello,
Yes it is true! Under the New Higher Education Reforms - partially funded students will receive no govt funding! USyd , Canberra, Newcastle, CSU and Macq are all over enrolled. I think a few more atr but can't remember. Basically the uni will cut all the spots out cause they will get money and the UAIs will rise!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by googy_1985
Hello,
Yes it is true! Under the New Higher Education Reforms - partially funded students will receive no govt funding! USyd , Canberra, Newcastle, CSU and Macq are all over enrolled. I think a few more atr but can't remember. Basically the uni will cut all the spots out cause they will get money and the UAIs will rise!
yeah well thats crap
is it only syd thats cutting?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Contrary to popular opinion, the Uni. aren't cutting numbers as such. In fact, they are over-enrolling in many many subjects. It's just that our Govt isn't increasing or properly funding the system to cater for more people. (Well, that's what I think.)

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
it's no surprise they don't publish it on their website, might scare away potential students.

It was published in one of those left wing union free education newspapers that you pick up from uni that all the students doing economic history recieved a letter in the mail about it. The article went on to claim that it was because the subject was not attracting enough full fee paying students to make it lucrative enough, but I personally think that's a load of BS. If it were true, they would eliminate the subject, not just move the faculty to Arts. I personally think economic history fits better in arts than economic history.

Commerce and econ people can still major in economic history, so I don't know what they're complaining about.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Some units have been cut, but for what reasons?
Semiotics is the only one that I know of, though.

Fwoa! Now I can take economic history as a table A major (I hope) ...

Kittycat

HSC
Oh man and I wanted to go to Syd Uni. Looks like its going to be harder to get in.
Oh yeah, I doubt they'll be cutting numbers for Nursing HannieStar. They need more people to fill up the places. Do you want to choose it? I do.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)