USYD Summer School (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
i'm in yr 11 and i'm interested in the USYD summer school thing for HSC 2004... does anyone know anything about it?

i dont know if its worth is for $550... umm can someone explain to me how it is run, selection criteria, if it counts to anything...

BlackJack

Vertigo!
HSC
Firstly, which subject(s) are you thinking of?
It's best to visit them from the usyd website.

Secondly, it's probably not worth it unless you really want it.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think u'd get more out of it if u'd learnt the stuff, and it was revision, but thats just me. i prefer to learn in class, and revise later

pri

HSC
N/A
ring em up and ask em , they are very helpful, I would explain it all but Im on high stress levels and a thousand ppl (ok 20) have asked me already!!

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by BlackJack
Firstly, which subject(s) are you thinking of?
It's best to visit them from the usyd website.

Secondly, it's probably not worth it unless you really want it.
umm i'm thinking of doing problem solving in communications and sciece.. [i think thats the right order]..i can fail it right ? :|

Unseen Eye

summer school hey?
i hear it's highly worth it. (one of my cousins took it), said something about "valuable insight into the content of the course", or something
although, 550 is pretty steep, and considering i live in campbelltown (cheap-bogan-country-bumpkin-ville for those of you who havnt heard of it), its way out of the question for me.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by Unseen Eye
campbelltown (cheap-bogan-country-bumpkin-ville for those of you who havnt heard of it), its way out of the question for me.
ahaha i bloody rekon.. campbelltown is a damn hole....

unless u catch the east hils line :) thats fast :) *hugs east hills line*

really?
well...my cirriculum teacher was happy for me to do it..then got pissed at me for deciding to leave this school ahahahhaa

pri

HSC
N/A
its really easy to fail as the lecturers mark harshly (compared to skool teachers)

in a nutshell both courses in terms of asessments are a lot of work, but if u enjoy it and are genuinely interested in em for the content (not the uni credit) then do it.

I did both coz I wanted to do both, and I am genuinely interested in philosophy and science communication, and want to go to usyd (an still do!)

pri

HSC
N/A
I did mind and moral. in the winter skool (2002) and prob solving in science in the summer skool (2003)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)