Semester 2 Chatter Thread (2006) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
CBF locking this only to open it about 48 hours later.

So.

Chatter.

Firstly:

Welcome back everyone to uni and to any mid-year enrollments that may be coming to sniff at these forums, welcome to you too. We're a pretty friendly bunch and (most of us) don't bite (much).

Quiver at the insanely long textbook and reader queues which herald the beginning of Semester. Revel in Re-O Day organised by our very own stazi of Bored of Studies fame. Sigh with cynicism at the SRC Elections which will be occuring this semester.

Resolutions for this semester:

Do my readings
Get a D average in GOVT
Work hard
Try not to get too disillusioned

So, what do you like about Semester 2? Do you have any resolutions? Got something to complain about?

Talk about it here! :)

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Re: Semester 2 Chatter Thread

I thought semester 2 starts in August, until I found out it begins on the 24th of July :(

Comparing to UTS, their holidays started a week earlier and will end a week later.

SSaint

shoconomics
HSC

ujuphleg said:
So, what do you like about Semester 2? Do you have any resolutions? Got something to complain about?
Looking forward to this semester, I've been wasting away towards the end of these holidays, and my subjects appear to be a bit more interesting than last semester. Not too worried about metrics, accounting or macro, though I'm unsure about claw2201, anyone know if its hard/easy/somewhere in between?

Goals: keep my D average, get a HD in macro

btw. when will our subjects be up on blackboard, cos we start monday and I've only got econ1002 up so far

Libbster

HSC

Who's going to that SUsport day on Monday, I received an email about it, but it doesn't say where it is on :confused: ?! But it seems fun.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC

Goals

For the love of god please let my break the HD barrier this semester!!!

I always just scrape below it!!!

Stupid music degree and its stupid subjectiveness.

mma19

HSC

My Goal for this semester: Am doing 30cp of English and Film Studies units whilst still doing the B. Psych, I'm hoping somewhere along the way I'll work out what I want to do with myself. And pick up my marks significantly now that all that pesky science is out of the way.

dora_18

HSC

Hmmm...distinction average would be good..
would definitely help in a hopeful transfer at the end of the year....

bustinjustin

HSC

At this stage, all I'm looking forward to is getting my Arts (French) results from Semester ONE by the end of the scholastic year...

tlodg

HSC
N/A

I wish to stop feeling tired (sore eyes) by sleeping earlier so I won't have to drag my empty soul to class +
also to be happy.

Q: Is it true that if we have the textbook for ECON 1002 we don't need to purchase the reader? I'd really hate lining up for it.... the queue really scared me (even though I haven't actuall been in it yet)

lala2

Banned
HSC

Goals:

- Push my marks up from 3 Credits and 1 Pass (with one credit one mark off Distinction, and the pass one off a Credit) up to 3 Credits and 1 Distinction. Should be manageable, seeing as last semester I: a) had absolutely no idea what was going on, and b) was of the mindset that I'll see how good I actually am by not trying and if I fail, I'd transfer to music immediately.
- Get a job
- Get involved in uni life--clubs and socs, volunteering...
- Expand circle of friends

In short, turn the depressing last semester totally around.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC

Buy the reader online prepaid with a credit card then skip the long queues.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

I'm still working out whether to do World politics, or Power and Society. I'm probally leaning more towards govt1202 after just looking at govt1104s unit outline. bah, but still undecided :/

Anyway, need to keep the credit average i have to have a chance at transfering at the end of the year. Thats basically the goal for this semester: secure the transfer.

- Get involved in uni life--clubs and socs, volunteering...
Ditto. Last semester all i did was go to lecs and tutes. I'll probally become semi-active in some of the many clubs i joined at o-week.

ujuphleg said:
Do my readings
Yeh, i'll be aiming to be doing my readings too. Last semester i had nfi what they were talking about in some of the tutes, which probally dropped participation marks down a bit.

Best of luck this semester kids.

Last edited:

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC

Aiming for at least an 86 in Torts so that I can sit on a nice HD average for Law. It'll be difficult, because all the time I have off uni (constant 4-day weekends) is gonna be tempting, and a friend and I usually watch movies at Broadway in our breaks instead of studying.

Oh, and I'm gonna get involved in debating in an attempt to relive high school glory days.

frootloop

HSC

-D average
-take the train to Redfern instead of to Central and actually WALK to uni... i.e. stop being lazy :lol:
-get half an hour more sleep each morning (catch the later train... I always caught the early one 'just in case' something happened and so had plenty of time to catch a bus, but since I won't be catching a bus I can sleep in)

I've only got 4 hours worth of breaks this semester :)D) and I'd prefer to just go home rather than hang around at uni when I don't have lectures/tutes/workshops but...

-possibly get involved with one club/society... (something FUN)
-make more friends

-and pay for course readers online and pick them up (thereby skipping the queues)

-have no reason to do any all-nighters (i.e. be more organised and start things as soon as I get them)

Last edited:

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC

ah, uni again! boy the holidays has gone so fast...:( oh well

my aims:
- im in the same boat as Rafy: get a D average so that i can secure a transfer
- probably get into some sports! football and basketball mmmmm...
- whenever i have a break, go around uni and perform magic to people, maybe at Manning, or at Hermanns...if u want to see some magic, find me - i always carry around a pack of cards.
- make some new friends! yay!
(i've already got a job so my daily expenses are covered :) )

welcome back to uni, USyd BOSers, and good luck for this semester.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A

c_james said:
Aiming for at least an 86 in Torts so that I can sit on a nice HD average for Law. It'll be difficult, because all the time I have off uni (constant 4-day weekends) is gonna be tempting, and a friend and I usually watch movies at Broadway in our breaks instead of studying.

Oh, and I'm gonna get involved in debating in an attempt to relive high school glory days.
USYD debating by what I've seen is "We are going to destroy our argument without putting up much of one of our own."

lala2

Banned
HSC

I'm interested in debating. Are there any lunchtime debates? Heard there were some on. Bit shy, cos I only did one year of debating and all those debaters are gonna be pros and stuff but I think it's good for my self-confidence!

jellybeenz

HSC

Attend lectures/tutes.
Spend less time at manning.
Work more.
Study and do readings regularly.

Lainee

HSC

- Try to have somewhat of a social life as social circle quite pitiful (hard to do with 15 hrs uni + 24 hours work... yikes! More than a full time job!)
- Actually do readings before class instead of pulling shit on the spot.
- Do assignments leisurely instead of pulling all nighters.
- Make time to eat during breaks. (Should find lunch buddy also, as fear of eating alone possibly contributes to skipping lunch.)
- Find new, better concealer. (To cover tell-tale signs of over-work.) And possibly teeth whitener too, as literally IVing coffee does not bode well with teeth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)