• Well i would join, but im in year 12, very interested though

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • You get games on video now?

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

ErgoSum

HSC
Hey Guys, i figured this was as good a place as any to announce:

The inaugural annual general meeting of the Sydney University Union Video-Game appreciation society. October 10,Wentworth level 5, room 5 , 4:30 -> 6:30.

What is it? A society to foster the appreciation of video games within the uni.
What will it do
-Promote the development of an active videogaming subculture within the university
-Create Industry links.
-Foster appreciation of artistic videogames within the Society
-Defend the rights of our members to play videogames and defend the image of the video game player within society.

How will the Society achieve this goals (good question) .. hopefully we shall
-Endeavour to publish a periodical magazine/newsletter reflecting member interests. This includes but is not limited to reviews of video games, gaming news, opinion columns and other items of interest.
-Arrange periodic gaming meetings, events and activities. This may include local area network (lan) gaming sessions.
-Have demonstrations of State of the Art, including showing demonstration videos and games from upcoming video game titles.
-Endeavour to get speakers and officials from the video game industry come to Sydney University and speak in forum with our members,
-Promote the case modding/hotboxing subculture by having advice sessions/contests.

If you are interested in video games, maybe just playing to chill out, or are an experienced LAN party pro.. come along and have a say in how the society will function. Membership for 2003 is free! (how could we charge for ~ 1.5 months). Stuff we really wanna get happening :
-see if we can arrange a group to go to plaything for our member www.dlux.org.au
-have a lan party in the holidays
-Organise a massive o-week stall!

So USYD gamers get off the couch and come to our society (imagine ps2/xbox on those projectors.. droool)
For all year 12's, good luck with the HSC! and we shall see you at O-Week

Last edited:

ErgoSum

HSC
Well, pretty much lanning would come under our provision. We'll definately have a comittee in charge of arranging lan games

windows xp

......there is people who has nothing better to do in life.....but I would have liked to join if I were planning to go to Sydney:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)