assuming that there will be cuts to places @ usyd (1 Viewer)

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
namely 500 spots according to SMH...

what courses will they be coming out of?

that article in the smh said law, dentistry, communications, something else....

do you think they'll cut spots in arts?

mememe

Awww crud, i wanna do law and if i can't do that, arts. The UAI cut-off can't rise, or else i won't be able to get in. How can 99.6 possibly get any higher anyway? And does that mean the lower law corses e.g. UTS, Macquarie etc will rise heaps too because there will be a bigger overflow of those who didnt get into UNSW and USYD?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
there will be, i assume, a flow on effect onto UNSW, UTS, Macq and so on.

but yes, it's a bitch if it's higher than 99.6 :(

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
i wonder how many people in the state get 99.8+?

Originally posted by mememe
Awww crud, i wanna do law and if i can't do that, arts. The UAI cut-off can't rise, or else i won't be able to get in. How can 99.6 possibly get any higher anyway?
what arts will you do if you dont get into law? the regular one, or Arts Advanced? or arts languages, informatics, media & comm, /science etc...?

mememe

Originally posted by spin spin sugar

what arts will you do if you dont get into law? the regular one, or Arts Advanced? or arts languages, informatics, media & comm, /science etc...?

I'm not sure, depends on my UAI. i mean even arts advanced and media and comm are hard to get into, plus their UAI may rise too. Then my other preferences at UTS, UNSW and macquarie will probably rise too high as well! Why'd it have to happen to our year!

So yeah, if i can't get into anything else, it will be a plain B arts.

timmii

sporadic attendee
Originally posted by spin spin sugar

Approx 200...

There are 270 ppl in first year law at usyd. Assuming that there are about 5 transfer students in each law class (from comparing with friends...not sure how accurate that is assumption is) that means there are about 215 places for HSC leavers. I think they said there were about 90 international students... Taking into account access and fee paying positions there are approx 100 HECS places??? I don't know if my numbers are accurate, but that would mean that assuming *everyone* put down usyd law as their first option, it wouldnt rise above 99.9...comforting huh? :rolleyes:

mememe

How hard is it to transfer? - i've heard you need atleast a 95 UAI plus a distinction average... is transfering after one year plausable or too difficult to be worthwhile?

hk31

HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
poetic justice (the unsw law monthy mag thingy)

it predicted unsw law to go to 99.5 or 99.6 and for usyd to go to 99.7 or 8 :eek:
oo...did that monthly mag have a prediction for commerce/arts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)