usyd vs uts for commerce/science (1 Viewer)

spadey

Any one have a opinion on which uni is better for commerce science.

I really want to go the sydney cause it is gorgeous and the commerce degree seems to be very respectable.
However i have heard that sydneys science is a joke especially physics. UTS's business degree also looks more flexible and industry based.

Can anyone help me decide?

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
The Physics building at Usyd looks nice. It's so... clean looking, it has so much character... i'd say it's the third nicest building in usyd after the main quad and anderson stuart building (the other sandstone buiding facing main quad).

Oh.. you want more than aesthetics?

Commerce at usyd = big lecture sizes, 6 core subjects, people talking in the lectures because they don't really want to do the 6 core subjects, lots of international students from asian countries who hang around in groups of people from the same country, thus defying the purpose of studying in a different country to get to know the society and culture of a foreign land. Possibly the same for science, except without the international students.

I'm sure it gets better after first year. I hope.

UTS business is more practical, less theory based, but it sounds better telling people "I'm going to the University of Sydney" rather than "uts". On an international basis, *everyone* knows where Sydney is, whereas UTS sounds like a shootoff, a second rate uni created to accomodate everyone else. I mean it's not true but that's just what I think it would sound like to an american.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Originally posted by user
lots of international students from asian countries who hang around in groups of people from the same country, thus defying the purpose of studying in a different country to get to know the society and culture of a foreign land. Possibly the same for science, except without the international students.

i thought that was UTS.. lots on international students who pay and use moeny as bribes for marks :rolleyes:

Generator

HSC
N/A
Define what you mean by 'best' though. There would be many subjects that vary between the two universities, and you would probably find that the better university would be the one that offers the units that you intend to study rather than it being a simple case of UNSW or USyd being better than the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)