usyd scholarship interviews (1 Viewer)

timmii

sporadic attendee
Unfortunately I don't think so. You can always ring the scholarships unit to "check how your application is doing"...?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
i freind of mine got malcom chaikin scholarship interview, but no sydney one yet.

so i think i will wait.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i think they do, my friends all got "thanks but no thanks" letters. i went for one scholarship that u had to go for an interview for, and they told me right there and then (but that was coz it turned out i was ineligible)

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
i think they do, my friends all got "thanks but no thanks" letters. i went for one scholarship that u had to go for an interview for, and they told me right there and then (but that was coz it turned out i was ineligible)
wow, that's harsh

Hollie

Do they have interviews for the overall scholarship thing? (No particular faculty)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i think they give you a letter of success after release of hsc results (assuming no interview is required), or a letter of failure sometime in january...

timmii

sporadic attendee
I don't know about the general scholarship one - i applied for that and never heard (but was presumingly rejected). But on uai day the dean of law rang me to say i was "in line for a scholarship" and i got a letter offering a scholarship on the tuesday after uais came out.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by timmii
I don't know about the general scholarship one - i applied for that and never heard (but was presumingly rejected). But on uai day the dean of law rang me to say i was "in line for a scholarship" and i got a letter offering a scholarship on the tuesday after uais came out.

so, no interview?

timmii

sporadic attendee
No...but I didn't get one of those general scholarships - hehe I'm not a "good" person...i'm just an academic nerd ;) So don't judge from my experience, i don't know which other ones have interviews.

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
i think they called up ppl on friday if you have been shortlisted for the usyd undergrad scholarship.
i wasn't home to take the call just rang back today. Apparently the interviews (not sure for all faculty or just science) are on 1st and 2nd december, so it's on same days as coop but you can choose your time.

Then again, not all faculties bother to interview ppl.

Last edited:

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
mine is on 5th

they gave me choice of 1st, 2nd, or 5th

my co-op is on 4th

dates are different depending on who offers you interview

mercury

.:: Hg ::.
HSC
hmm, yeah i guess...... mine clashes, i had to choose 1st or 2nd decmeber, but 1st is co-op open day 2nd is co-op interview ><
so i had to choose 2nd. And somehow i'm grateful i didn't get malcolm chaikin, coz that could be on 2nd too. What course did you apply for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)