usyd enrolment (1 Viewer)

lordesf

HSC
I got a friend who said he recieved a mail saying u need to enrol to usyd on like the 28th Jan or something.

Is this true?

If not when is the enrolment day?

Im currently overseas til like Feb so i wont be able to make any of the enrolment days if their in Jan.

lordesf

HSC
Wait so wat does this enrolment mean? what will i miss out?
Is it "ok" if im not there at ths enrolment? Can my parents represent me on the day?
And does this enrolment require the comerce ppls as well? (my friend's in music)

lordesf

HSC
So does rhis mean i sign this form etc and let my parents bring it with them to the enronlment?

And what do u do at the enrolment day? wat procedures do u need to go trhough? also do you have to pay or anything if its just a standard enrolment?

skby

HSC
yeah your parents can act as your proxy, they will have to select your units for you and everything.
And Im pretty sure that this enrolment process applies to commerce people, you'll have to check on which day it is on from the usyd website (maybe on 27th jan? not sure)

lordesf

HSC
wait what units are u refering to?

Anyway the hting i dont get is i thought he uni offers come out on the 22nd Jan and it ends in 7th feb? Then why is the rnolment so early? when heaps of peoples havent even confirmed their offers?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes it applies to commerce.
You can find the exact time and location of your enrolment here: Find your enrolment location - The University of Sydney

Anyway the hting i dont get is i thought he uni offers come out on the 22nd Jan and it ends in 7th feb? Then why is the rnolment so early? when heaps of peoples havent even confirmed their offers?
There are seperate enrolments for each offer round.

lordesf

HSC
Ahh i finaly get it enrolment = acceptign ur offer, i thought it was an addiotnal process whicxh got me heaps confused

Anyway wat did it mean be "selelcting your units" i always thought first yr was the sae for everyone and tht we dont need to pick anything? Anyway how many units are we supose to pick for the 1st yr?

skby

HSC
i think for some courses you might need to select electives, but im not sure about commerce. I know for science you need to select a couple of areas because the degree is so broad...maybe you should check if commerce has any electives?

KarmaKitten

HSC
I would say everyone needs to pick subjects, regardless of compulsory or electives, you still need to put down the subjects you plan to do.

Man, enrolment feels like a lifetime ago now, i can hardly remember it. Other than I was totally unprepared for the photo i.d

Last edited:

lordesf

HSC
hhah but how many subjects can we pick? and this is only foe the junior yr right?

KarmaKitten

HSC
Generally, in first year you do 4 subjects a semester and you have to pick for the entire year. So you have to enrol in 8 subjects for your first year. Pick wisely and make sure you have all your compulsory subjects covered if there are any.

Of course you're not locked into these subjects and can change things around later if you change your mind.

Artemis.

HSC
What if neither you or any of your parents/close relatives live in Sydney? Will I have to travel up to Sydney just to enrol?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes you will. Or find somebody who is in Sydney to proxy for you. (It can be anybody, not just a relative)

lordesf

HSC
KarmaKitten said:
Generally, in first year you do 4 subjects a semester and you have to pick for the entire year. So you have to enrol in 8 subjects for your first year. Pick wisely and make sure you have all your compulsory subjects covered if there are any.

Of course you're not locked into these subjects and can change things around later if you change your mind.
As in any 8 out of these 11?

1. Accounting (ACCT)
  2. Business Information Systems (INFS)
  3. Business Law (CLAW)
  4. Centre for International Security Studies (CISS)
  5. Economics (ECON and ECOS)
  6. Finance (FINC)
  7. International Business (IBUS)
  8. Marketing (MKTG)
  9. Operations Management and Econometrics (ECMT)
  10. Work and Organisational Studies (WORK)
  11. Cross-Discipline (Faculty) (ECOF)
From these right?

lordesf

HSC
So is it these? choosing 8 out of the list below?

Also what does exhcnage mean? e.g Economcis exhcnage, market exchnage etc

If i wanted to do finance which one should i do?

Junior Units of Study

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
What degree will you be doing?
When choosing your subjects keep in mind any compulsory core units for your degree and the majors you want to do.

You only have to worry about the exchange units if you go on exchange.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)