"Bachelor of Arts and Sciences" @ USYD (1 Viewer)

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
I am considering to complete the B Arts/Sciences degree at the University of Sydney and am hoping to major in English Literature, but have yet to figure out my second science major. I was just wondering if there is anyone who has completed this course and can provide some info on the Socio-legal studies and Economic/Business units (my weakness!) and provide some advice on choosing a second major. Thanks!

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
You don't do a second major. You do a major in either science or arts and just do subjects in the other.

don't do it. it's shit. the socio-legal studies is shit. everyone i know that has done it (including myself) transferred out of it. thank god i got out of it before i had to do the forced economics subjects came about!

it's good if you don't know which direction you'd prefer to head into. but it's poorly designed and yeah, they kinda gave up planning the degree. we didn't have permanent lecturers at the start of the semester, in fact one of us told us "they had so much trouble finding a lecturer for you students that i had to take on this class for now, even though i detest doing undergrad classes." whatevs.

NEVAGIVEUP

HSC
yulia said:
You don't do a second major. You do a major in either science or arts and just do subjects in the other.

don't do it. it's shit. the socio-legal studies is shit. everyone i know that has done it (including myself) transferred out of it. thank god i got out of it before i had to do the forced economics subjects came about!

it's good if you don't know which direction you'd prefer to head into. but it's poorly designed and yeah, they kinda gave up planning the degree. we didn't have permanent lecturers at the start of the semester, in fact one of us told us "they had so much trouble finding a lecturer for you students that i had to take on this class for now, even though i detest doing undergrad classes." whatevs.
I'm hoping to transfer into B Arts as quick as i possibly can! Thanks.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
In that case just treat it like an arts degree and do arts subjects or subjects you think you'll find easy for the first year. Don't do the sociolegal or the economic subjects. You can put them off until later, which is a better idea if you don't plan to stay in the course.

Those 2 subject areas are a complete waste of time and aren't very well structured so if you plan to transfer, choose better subjects...

kay90

HSC

To tell someone not to do a degree based on your experience I think is wrong and insulting, especially to those who are/have done B Arts/Sciences and have ENJOYED it. I'm not doing the course but to say that any degree is "shit" and to deter others from doing it is, like I said, an insult.

But NEVAGIVE up, you should go to this site:

Bachelor of Arts and Sciences - Current Undergraduate - The University of Sydney

it answers your question about doing more than one major:

Could I do more than one major?
  • Yes, you could complete both an Arts major and a Science major in your Arts and science degree. You may even be able to complete two Arts majors if you want to, but this would take careful planning, and would limit your choices in other subject areas.
Good Luck with whatever you plan on doing :)

Zippora

HSC
On the topic of USYD bachelor of arts, are there any thread on what that course is like? I can't find any.. thanks

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
On the topic of USYD bachelor of arts, are there any thread on what that course is like? I can't find any.. thanks
it's like...

...you choose all your subjects so it's completely up to you and not proscribed in any way

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
socio-legal studies is easy as brah, got D's in both of them. if you want a more arts-esque approach with your economic and business ones, pick political economy, it is also a wank.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)