Uni Cutbacks (1 Viewer)

d_carey

Hi,

Is there anyway of finding out if sydney uni has cut places for next year due to the new university funding programme being introuduced by the govt? If so, is there a way of finding out what specific courses places have been cut in?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
I think places will be cut because uni's cant over-enrol anymore, but i dont know how many will be cut or the affects on UAI's etc. maybe if you contact the uni they might help. or try UAC. I dont think anyone really knows yet though.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i read the article about the cutbacks. i don't know if you can find out the courses

SMKOD

HSC
N/A
i was speaking to a person from Agricultural Economics at the uSyd open day and she told me that a lot of places were being cut from that subject and the entire Faculty of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources.

So maybe they are cutting places from the low mark and less popular courses.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by SMKOD
So maybe they are cutting places from the low mark and less popular courses.
Please let that be true, surely that crazy 99.60 for law can't rise any further :D

SMKOD

HSC
N/A
Hey Mambomeg

Thanks heaps for your offer. A friend of mine who is also doing Agri Eco this year told me about it and I got interested in it as a back-up course to Bach of Eco and Social Sciences. But now that I got 93.85 I should be able to get into my first choice. I'm just hoping the entry doesn't jump much from last year's 91.15.

But really, thank-you soooo much for that offer. It was really kind of you.

marko

does anyone have half an idea how much business courses are likely to rise this year at usyd? i got 95.75, and hoping that B Commerce wont rise too much past the 94.10 it was last year.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)