transfer possiblility ? (1 Viewer)

ArChAnGeLz_188

Hi, I was wondering If you got into Uni are you allowed to transfer to a different course within the same uni and the same faculty if the original course was not ideal ?

Thank you

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Yes it is possible to transfer to a different course within the same uni and faculty. This, however, is competitive and you must get at least a Credit Average to be able to transfer. They take account of your UAI too. Plenty have done it, so yeah good luck!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Credit Av = 65%+ ?

It sounds pretty competitive, if everyone wants to do it (well, those who didn't get into their first preference, or preferences).

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Pass - 50+
Credit - 65+
Distinction - 75+
High Distinction - 85+

Yeah alot of people try to transfer, which makes things difficult especially transfering to Law or Commerce etc!

ArChAnGeLz_188

thanks mate, tho how long will it take to get a credit average.. ?
Like if I dun think the course was suitable can I transfer within a semester ?

Huy

HSC
N/A
Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

I thought it was something like that (like those UNSW math, english, science competitions - as well as the other comps like computing and chemistry) - hosted by the univerities (or ETA).

That's usually it, as on the back it'll say something about HD being top 15%, then top 25% for distinction.

Nice, the trick would be not to get into the "popular" courses then... lol.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
yep, theres another thread on this somewhere. My friends trandfered from horticulture to Agriculture just by walking into the faculty office and asking to change. easy peasy. no credit average or anything.
but i am trying to transfer into vet, and that is a whole other ball game... depends on the course.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh i know if you are transferring within the faculty to a course with a LOWER UAI requirement than the course you are in, you can trasnfer without going thru uac. and as with most trasnfers, you need to have a minimum 1 year of study. thats 1 years worth of credit points. oh they usually say a credit average, but its usually higher at usyd and what i was told by the e+b faculty, was you need a d average to trasnfer to their faculty but its not a guarantee since its so competitive.

Huy

HSC
N/A
That dampens my spirits.

I'll have to transfer into a lower course. Great. :rolleyes:

Generator

HSC
N/A
I was told by the Science faculty that all transfers now go through UAC... Each faculty has its own system, though.

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i think it depends also on the similarity of the courses, like if you wanted to change from hort to Ag, its easy coz in the first year all your subjects are the same.

ArChAnGeLz_188

ok kool.. thats good to know... but what it ur in Ag, like from science to economics. theres like a 6 pt difference ? Because thats wat id like to do if i dun like Ag science I would prefer Ag eco.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)