Syd Uni Scholarships (1 Viewer)

Hollie

does neone know when we find out about the general (high achieving) scholarships???

Skywalker

HSC
N/A
I got a letter today, $5000 a year for any course.

Much nicer than those stingy arseholes at UNSW.

If I wanted to do law and was deciding between the two unis, this would definitely have me enrolling at USyd.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yeah, i got a letter for that as well

but i still haven't heard from the uni about the general scholarships

mememe

So has no one heard about the 95+, 98+ scholarships? The ones you had to apply for in september. Ahhh i have no hope. Although i did get offered an Access one, i found out monday if that is any help.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
yeah i got the U SUCK letter for the 95+, 98+ scholarships in november... so if you havent got that, it could mean you have a pretty good chance of getting the scholarship.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
But that's the thing.

I did so much extra-curricular stuff.

For example; Meals On Wheels, St Canice's Kitchen, Duke of Edinburough, Scouts, I was in 2 musicals in year 11 and 12, I play the violin and piano, and have been for a while, I've been playing sport all the way through school etc.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
I never thought of that. In all seriousness, I was just probably going to have a little whinge for a few hours then forget all about it.

Hmmm, proactively asking why they didn't give me the scholarship. They might take a liking to it...

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
I got a denial for an Engineering scholarship. It makes you wonder what they're looking for.
it required an interview right?

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Never had an interview. 98 people out of 1500 that applied got it.

Anyway, my personality is not lacking. Don't they love egotisical pricks? I mean, we all do, right?

Last edited:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Anyway, my personality is not lacking. Don't they love egotisical pricks? I mean, we all do, right?
That'd be right, and you'd be the key example of one

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC

Hmmm, proactively asking why they didn't give me the scholarship. They might take a liking to it...
and even if they dont, you can find out why you missed out and pass on the info to next years HSC ers

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Mambomeg
and even if they dont, you can find out why you missed out and pass on the info to next years HSC ers
Altruism. That's pushing it.

Originally posted by babydoll_
That'd be right, and you'd be the key example of one
More like the ... KEYPAD ... example. Ahh, I cack myself up with my complete and utter lack of any form of humour.

In any case, I've e-mailed them, I expect a quick response (I.e. TODAY!).

Last edited:

mememe

So just re-checking, has anyone heard about the distinction scholarships for 95+ and 98+ UAI's that you had to apply for in september with all this crap promoting yourself?

tycoontyphoon

Yeah my friend got one of the merit ones on tuesday (5k for 5 yrs). Said the letter said there were only 5 merit ones in the arts faculty, which doesn't bode well for the rest of us plebs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)