A question about accepting scholarships (1 Viewer)

RJ

HSC
I have just sat down to fill out the forms for accepting a Sydney Scolarship and am not sure about something....

When it asks for your "Degree", bearing in mind that the scholarship has to be accepted before the uni offers come out in January, do I just put down my first (Sydney) preference?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
wot faculty is this? how come i haven't heard anything from the comm faculty yet? :(

anyway, i think u put down the course that u put down in ur original application, cos i think it states that u can only accept the scholarship for that particular course, so obviously, u have to be able to, and have to, enrol in that course.

RJ

HSC
This is for an Access Scholarship (which I found out about exactly a week ago) - I applied for a University of Sydney Scholarship as well, but got knocked back on it. On the application form, I specified my first Sydney preference, but it's only in the case of the USyd scholarship that the scholarship is only applicable to your first preference.

Did you have to apply for your commerce faculty scholarship? I know that the arts ones based solely on the HSC results are only given out once you have enrolled in that particular subject e.g. French. Maybe you're in that category too?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yeah ur right, i think usyd specifies it.

yeah, i gave in the application form for general scholarship, which goes to comm fac, since i put down comm/law as my course. this also means i apply for any available faculty scholarships too, but no word as yet from the faculty. arts is only on HSC results? i think comm fac ones might be, but i would've expected the general scholarships require an interview? dunno...guess i'll just wait

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I haven't got anything from Sydney... not even a knock back letter. That's all I'm expecting, and that's all that I ask for!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
i think put your number one course. for access scholarships it doesnt matter anyway coz its not course-dependant. If you dont get into that course, just notify the scholarships unit later on.

RJ

HSC
Another question - If I don't get into my first preference, ideally I'd like to transfer, but one of the conditions of the scholarship is that it is "not transferable to another degree program, except with the permission of the Dean of the Faculty receiving the transfer".

Assuming that I maintain a good academic record, is it plausible that I will be able to transfer from B Liberal Studies to B Liberal Studies (International) without jeopardising my scholarship - bearing in mind that the two degrees are very similar?

Has anyone had a similar experience?

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i think u have to make the cut-off for the nominated course in ur original application. if u don't make that, they don't offer u a scholarship...fullstop. if u do, then decide to transfer, then i guess, as u said, its up to the dean's discretion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)