Credit points (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Is there a website I can consult to see how many CP I'm meant to do in my first semester? I'm looking around, but its not really clear

^___^
HSC
do u have a fixed timetable or something where u have to undertake certain subjects..

and those subjects have X amount of credit pts???

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
for some courses, like Pharmacy, you have set subjects which you have to do

and for others you have electives or majors which you have to pick, this is what I'm not sure about

Generator

HSC
N/A
It's 48 credit points per year, so generally it is 24 per semester. Most first year units are 6 credit points, so you would end up taking 4 units per semester, although as maths units are only 3 credit points at this stage, science people tend to have 5 subjects per semester.
As a general rule, the number of credit points taken tends to mirror the number of hours spent at uni for each unit (for science units, at least).

Edit: http://www.science.usyd.edu.au/about/handbook.html - 'undergraduate enrolment advice and policies'

Page 18 and 19 has the info on the BSc/BA (going on past posts I am guessing that that is where you are headed if you end up at USyd). Other faculty handbooks should have similar sections.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)