Transfers??? (1 Viewer)

MrA

For internal transfers in USyd, do they take into account both your uni results and UAI, or just uni results?

If they take into account both, does that mean transfering into combined law with a UAI of low-mid nineties is basically impossible?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i think to trasnfer to law you have to go thru uac again. i'm not quite sure, so youw ill have to double check.

but yes they do take account your uai and your uni results, with more weighting placed on your uni results (well i would think)...

to trasnfer into combined law, you are only eligible AFTER your FIRST year of tertiary study. if you decide after second year that you want to do law, you will have to do grad law.

MrA

oh ok, thats interesting...i think in some uni's when transfering internally after 1st year, they only consider your uni results and not uai

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
well for UNSW and USYD, u can only transfer into law thru UAC - which means 50% UAI and 50% 1st year GPA
the 2003 non recent school leaver cutoff for USYD Law was 96.45 from memory (ie the average of your UAI and 1st year GPA would have to be over 96.45 to have gotten into Law for 2003). Looking at the Year 12 UAI cutoff for 2004, this wouldnt have changed for 2004

Aj10001

Yeah..that would be great
HSC
Hey minai, do u know what the NSRL cutoff is for UNSW economics and UNSW commerce? I'd be very interested to know.

MrA

Originally posted by Minai
well for UNSW and USYD, u can only transfer into law thru UAC - which means 50% UAI and 50% 1st year GPA
what about internal transfers for non-law courses? do they consider both UAI/GPA aswell?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
that depends on the course.

some faculties will allow you to trasnfer degrees in the same faculties. but others, you will need to go thru uac and your uai/gpa will be considered!!

kaspa

what about for the health faculty?? if i wanted to transfer from behavioural health science or rehab what would my chances be to be accepted into "b of exercise science??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)