Deferment (1 Viewer)

rubylotus11

Do I need to accept my offer and then defer, or do I just fax them the deferment slip and that should be okay? Anyone else deferring? I have to decide today whether I will.

lazybum

HSC
N/A
alloha

i am deferring
got my first preference ( no wonder - i got high 90 UAI and the cutoff was like 80!!! anyone else do BAchelor Primary Ed Syd UNI?

rubylotus11

It sucks that we'll be paying more, but what to do. What are you planning on doing over the next year; travel, work? I've been trying to think of ways to get passed the fee increases, but I think that even if you enrol in just a couple of units this year to keep 2004 HECS for the degree, you'll end up paying for an extra year anyway which end up as the same amount as deferring.

rubylotus11

Bachelor of Primary Education was the other course I wanted to do, but I unfortunately didn't do HSC maths so I won't be eligible to be employed by the Department of Education and training in NSW.

pasteque

Originally posted by rubylotus11
I've been trying to think of ways to get passed the fee increases,
i'm deferring too and the way i'm getting around the increases is that i'm earning enough money to be considered independent ($15099 or something) by the time i've been 18 months out of school and then you're eligible for youth allowance from centrelink which depending on your income and things should work out to be around $200 a week, which in the end more than covers the increased hecs.....

rubylotus11

Yeah I am hoping that if I defer I'll be able to make enough money that I won't notice the 25% increase. It ends up being about $3000 extra, but I guess you could make that in two months on award wage. I'm still weighing up the pros and cons though and I have till tuesday to decide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)