i need desperate help with enrolment...i'm lost (1 Viewer)

mermaid

i'm doin com/law...so do i need to choose subjects tomorrow or is there compulsory subjects i need to take. how long does enrolment take? Do i need to buy books tmr so do i need to bring loads of money.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i'm not sure on your degree rules, but most likely you will have to do the compulsory commerce and law units. you should get some papers tomorrow showing you examples of degree structures.

enrolment varies, if there is a que or not. most likely there will be cuz eeveryone will be as lost as you. you have to get a student handbook from the student centre first off before you enrol so you know what to pick. i suggest getting there an hour befor eenrolment cuz there will be a long line most likely. you have to fill out some forms like your details and your tax stuff for hecs, pick yoru subjects, and then pay your student fees and collect your student card.

you will need to pay your student fees tomorrow as well, thats $570. you don't need to buy any of your textbooks just yet, you will get told on what to buy in your lectures.

don't forget to bring yoru tax file number, your student admin fees, a passport sized photo (2 needed if you need a private bus company concession) and some form of ID just incase. oh and don't forget your letter of offer!!

they don't exactly make it clear to on what to do step by step, but just ask someone.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah it says - you can pay by bankcard, mastercard, visa card but not other credit cards, eftpos or cash

man thats confusing
so can i use my comonwealth key card or what?

mermaid

no commonwealth keycard is eptpos so u need a credit...damn i need to bring my parents along so they can pay.

So does it mean i have to choose subjects from what u said jlh...do i get my timetable tomorrow as well

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
this is so confusing aint it?
im gonna go out and make a cheque tomorrow (enrollment on friday)

they didnt give me any timetable or what i have to get or buy. they didnt even tell what majors are available so i have no idea what to pick

*aaAaRrGghhH!!!*

(engineering by the way)

is your enrollment 2morrow mermaid?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yes you have to choose yoru subjects for the first year on enrolment. but don't worry because you will be able to change your subjects later on (i think its after the 14th of feb).

you don't get yout timetable till oweek in march, which is the week before you start.

tooheyz, i suggest you look at the engineering site to help you plan a bit. this is the site for mech (your doing mech right?):
http://www.aeromech.usyd.edu.au/
download the handbook and flick thru it. you are told to buy one from the student centre before you enrol, but why bother since you can download it.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
thanks for that jlh
hahah man the handbook is like 144 pages long!
flicking through it, cant find majors..

how much are the books?
$10?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
LOL..

they handbooks are around $12, well they were last year, they might have gone up.

but on the day of enrolment, they should give you an outline of an example degree structure and how you should structure yours!!

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i wish i could do that man
like im gonna go to the bank and get a bank cheque made out
but like, im just paranoid something will go wrong and i cant pay on the day

aaarrrGghh!! stress!

hahaha yeah. i wish i had personal cheques...

jpr333

HSC
But I have no tax file number so how am i going to apply for HECS ?!

Also I'm enrolling in comm (lib), what are these 'handbooks' you keep speaking about exactly? Are they mailed out, online, in the UAC guide etc?

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
the handbooks can be purchased from the student centre (dont ask me where that is coz i dunno!) or they can be read online in pdf format

just go to your faculty's webapge and there should be the handbook there

as for tax file number, all you have to do is apply for one, and let them know what u applied for one - i read in the brochure somewhere - page 2.

jpr333

HSC
Ok thanks for the info. Now I have o figure out what subjects I'm doing, I'm really good at leaving everything till the last minute heh

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by jpr333
Ok thanks for the info. Now I have o figure out what subjects I'm doing, I'm really good at leaving everything till the last minute heh
don't worry- i haven't even done that. :p

btw, yeah, wif the tax file no. all u need to do is to apply for it and then take the confirmation "receipt" to the enrolment day, to prove that u applied for a tax file number. :)

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah u can always change ur mind about the subjects you pick as well - so dont fret over it too much :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)