accepting offer thread (1 Viewer)

ben150891

HSC
hey i got an offer for sydney uni and i was just wondering how to accept my offer. i click on 'For instructions on how to respond to your offer click here.' and it came up with how to enroll. so do i just go to the enrollment day to accept my offer or is there something else i need to do to accept my offer?

r.uss

HSC
Yes, to accept your offer you just need to turn up to enrollment for usyd. By enrolling in your subjects you are, in effect, accepting your position.

So go get picking your subjects, or at least reading about them!

Congrats on your offer!

pearling

HSC
N/A
I browsed thru the enrolment website but couldnt find an answer to my question: if I want to enrol in Commerce/Law, do I have to go to the Law enrolment day AND the commerce enrolment day or can i do it all on the Law day? Hope someone can help!!

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
I browsed thru the enrolment website but couldnt find an answer to my question: if I want to enrol in Commerce/Law, do I have to go to the Law enrolment day AND the commerce enrolment day or can i do it all on the Law day? Hope someone can help!!
There's Combined Law as one of the options. Choose that one.

Therewego

HSC
Yes, to accept your offer you just need to turn up to enrollment for usyd. By enrolling in your subjects you are, in effect, accepting your position.

So go get picking your subjects, or at least reading about them!

Congrats on your offer!
I am hugely confused about this and I hope someone can help me.

I'm not actually sure which "subjects" I can choose from (I've tried to look but this is all new to me) or how many I am supposed to choose - could someone please provide or link me to a list?
How well of an idea do I have to have by Monday when I enroll? It seems quite stupid to me to make us make what seems to be an extremely important decision so early...or maybe I just should've done more research.

I've got the same problem for Media & Communications which I am combining with law, where I have no idea which subjects I am to choose out of and how many I am to choose.

If that wasn't enough, how much do I need to worry about the "100 points of identification proof" we are required to bring? What does it entail?

ANY help is greatly appreciated. I suck at uni already :p

amber44

HSC
I am hugely confused about this and I hope someone can help me.

I'm not actually sure which "subjects" I can choose from (I've tried to look but this is all new to me) or how many I am supposed to choose - could someone please provide or link me to a list?
How well of an idea do I have to have by Monday when I enroll? It seems quite stupid to me to make us make what seems to be an extremely important decision so early...or maybe I just should've done more research.

I've got the same problem for Media & Communications which I am combining with law, where I have no idea which subjects I am to choose out of and how many I am to choose.

If that wasn't enough, how much do I need to worry about the "100 points of identification proof" we are required to bring? What does it entail?

ANY help is greatly appreciated. I suck at uni already :p
For Media and Comm check out Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications) - Course Info for Current Students - The University of Sydney

It provides a good run down.

Therewego

HSC
Thanks Amber44 it's appreciated, it's just I was wondering if there's an actual list someone of the electives I have to choose from and how many I am to choose?
Sorry if it's on that link and I simply couldn't find it.

Thanks again

amber44

HSC
Thanks Amber44 it's appreciated, it's just I was wondering if there's an actual list someone of the electives I have to choose from and how many I am to choose?
Sorry if it's on that link and I simply couldn't find it.

Thanks again
Okay...
First Semester

COMPULSORY - MECO1003 - Principles of Media Writing
COMPULSORY - WRIT1001/1002 or ENGL1007 or ENGL1025
COMPULSORY - ARTS 'PART A' MAJOR junior unit
Here you pick what your Arts major will be and you do the first year requirement. Part A units of study can be found here > Units of Study - Faculty of Arts - The University of Sydney
ARTS ELECTIVE - ARTS elective from either PART A OR PART B units of study, which can be found on the link just above.
Here you can pick a unit of study that you simply find interesting OR because your degree has the units available, you can actually pick ANOTHER major to do, EITHER from PART A OR PART B units of study.

Second Semester

COMPULSORY
- MECO1001 Australian Media Studies
Here you pick what your Arts major will be and you do the first year requirement. Part A units of study can be found here > Units of Study - Faculty of Arts - The University of Sydney
ARTS ELECTIVE - ARTS elective from either PART A OR PART B units of study, which can be found on the link just above.
Here you can pick a unit of study that you simply find interesting OR because your degree has the units available, you can actually pick ANOTHER major to do, EITHER from PART A OR PART B units of study.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Let's say I'm enrolling for example...

First Semester

MECO1003 - Principles of Media Writing - compulsory subject for Media and Comm, I have to do it.
ENGL1007 - compulsory requirement, although I could've also picked, WRIT1001/1002 or ENGL1025
SCLG1001 - Introduction to Sociology 1 - I really have an interest in sociology, so this will be my ARTS PART A major.
ANHS1600 - Foundations for Ancient Greece - I have an interest in Ancient History so this will be my Arts elective, my fun subject!

Second Semester
MECO1001 - Australian Media Studies - remember, the second compulsory unit in first year for Media and Comm.
SCLG1002 - Introduction to Sociology 2 - this is the second first year unit, I have to do if I want to progress onto second and third year sociology units.
ANHS2608 - The World Turned Upside Down - Another Ancient History unit. 'I really enjoyed the first semester unit, so I think I'll continue with Ancient History'.
GEOS1002 - Introduction to Geography. Geography sound interesting, it's an ARTS PART B unit, which I can do, 'hmm, why not!'
http://www.arts.usyd.edu.au/classic...ad/units_of_study.shtml?u=ANHS_1600_2010_1&r=

Therewego

HSC
Okay...
First Semester

COMPULSORY - MECO1003 - Principles of Media Writing
COMPULSORY - WRIT1001/1002 or ENGL1007 or ENGL1025

Second Semester

COMPULSORY - MECO1001 Australian Media Studies

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

Let's say I'm enrolling for example...

First Semester
MECO1003 - Principles of Media Writing - compulsory subject for Media and Comm, I have to do it.
ENGL1007 - compulsory requirement, although I could've also picked, WRIT1001/1002 or ENGL1025
SCLG1001 - Introduction to Sociology 1 - I really have an interest in sociology, so this will be my ARTS PART A major.
ANHS1600 - Foundations for Ancient Greece - I have an interest in Ancient History so this will be my Arts elective, my fun subject!

Second Semester
MECO1001 - Australian Media Studies - remember, the second compulsory unit in first year for Media and Comm.
SCLG1002 - Introduction to Sociology 2 - this is the second first year unit, I have to do if I want to progress onto second and third year sociology units.
ANHS2608 - The World Turned Upside Down - Another Ancient History unit. 'I really enjoyed the first semester unit, so I think I'll continue with Ancient History'.
GEOS1002 - Introduction to Geography. Geography sound interesting, it's an ARTS PART B unit, which I can do, 'hmm, why not!'
Thankyou so much I really appreciate this, it's really helped :)

HSC
Hey Kids,

I was just wondering.. I put in a transfer for 2010 and I got it. Its within the same university.. do I still need to go to enrolment? I think I would obviously still need to attend.. but do I go through everything, all the generics .. as I did in my first year? I mean do I take another ID photo for example?

If anybody has any clue, please let me know as I have no idea..?

Thank you in advance :)

Aleksandra

amber44

HSC
Hey Kids,

I was just wondering.. I put in a transfer for 2010 and I got it. Its within the same university.. do I still need to go to enrolment? I think I would obviously still need to attend.. but do I go through everything, all the generics .. as I did in my first year? I mean do I take another ID photo for example?

If anybody has any clue, please let me know as I have no idea..?

Thank you in advance :)

Aleksandra
You'd definitely have to enrol in person. The only thing that might be different is not having to have a photo done, I'm not sure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)