USYD Login (1 Viewer)

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
For those who are currently at USYD, how many chcracters/shceme was the password? like. some require a certain comnbination of numbers and letters in the password. i can recall logging in and changed it to another password.. but i can remember what i used.. help :confused: :(

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i know you can't use a dictionary word... i tried that and it wouldn't let me
i think

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
hahaha! u stuffed it up already? geez, u'll have to get it redone, the original passwords they give u are fully random, u'll never figure out what it was. I think u can get a new password in the fisher computer room, just ask at the desk. If u go to the student centre u'll be waiting hours

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
nah i went top USYD summer school. you see, i'm an 04er ;) they gave a login so i could keep in contact with my lecturer, who will hand out more information for uss throughout the year about our course.. but yeah.. damn.. :(

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
you can't use a word as your password and it must contain both letters and numbers.

for those of you that have just enrolled, i suggest you wait a few days because they might have to activate your accounts.

RedStz

True Scorpian
really? i try using a word and it works!!!! ofcourse for security reasons, I've changed it to letters and numbers, but that way it is easier for people to peek if you are accessing it in public

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i changed my password round to!
hahah changed the random password to a different order

its a good idea to use some caps as well :)

pri

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
nah i went top USYD summer school. you see, i'm an 04er ;) they gave a login so i could keep in contact with my lecturer, who will hand out more information for uss throughout the year about our course.. but yeah.. damn.. :(
u kno because I went to summer skool (same course as u are doing) in 02 my enrolment took bloody long as I already had a student number and didnt realise till the end of enrolment and then had to start agen!....soooooo annoying

just ask the library staff, they'll sort u out, but u have to bring id of sorts

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
I logged in and had a look around... nothing interesting
Still got a couple of questions though?
Is the extro account something you deposit money in so the uni can take it out?
And it is possible to move through my entire degree without touching it?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
the extro account is mainly used to pay for library fines. the library fines you $1 a day for any overdue books. but you can also use the extro account to pay for stuff at the copy shop. and you deposit money into it whenever you like.

and yes you can go thru uni without using your extro account provided that you don't need to pay any library fines!! LOL!

your uni key will gain you access to your degree/unit into, personal info, results and give you access to on campus computers.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
The extro account is also used for Printing services at the various Computer Access areas around uni, which can be very helpful when needing to print out documets, assignments or Lecture notes, You just put money into the account and you can start printing. btw it cost 8c a page!

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by melbournian
]

That isn't what this link eplain extro as.
http://www.library.usyd.edu.au/databases/extro.html

uh thats also what the extro does. if you don't already have internet access at home, you can have usyd as your internet service provider and pay via yoru extro account!! i didn't mention it because you all seem to have internet access so it would of been irrelavant!!

but what i said about the extro account is pretty much all you'd be using it for, paying library fines!!

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
If you put enough money into it, you can also use your extro account to buy course readers

Also, if you're using the uni computers for internet, you only get 2mb of downloads per day, if you want to exceed this amount you need money on your extro account. You also need money if you want to pay for more storage space.

Also, where is the 8cents printing? I've spent the entire last year spending printing 10c per page at the access labs, 11c per page at the eco and business faulty labs.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
I'm pretty sure its 8cents at all access labs??? hmm i could be mistakes but i always thought it was 8cents!!!

tha_fairy

okay, this might seem like a dumb question, but i'm going to ask it anyway. i'm assuming that most people are going to the camperdown campus, but i'm enrolled at the cumberland campus and i didn't get anything? in what part of the enrolment did u recieve info about the email address?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
uh you should of got a login regardless of which campus you are going to...

in the stacks of paper you filled out on enrolment, i think its on the bottom of the last page. that is also the page where the rip off your student card from!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)