double degrees at two uni's... (1 Viewer)

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
hi i was wondering if usyd will allow me to take another degree at macq uni?

i know macq uni allows me to double at a different uni but i'm not sure if usyd will?

anyone know about this stuff?
*looks at 2nd+ year students*

user

Old enough to know better
HSC
I've never read anything about doing two degrees at different unis, I think usyd would recommend against it if you're doing two full time loads, but there's probably nothing thye can do to stop you from enrolling in another uni if you can manage the load and come to all the classes.

Generator

HSC
N/A
I guess that it would work as any other double degree would work, so it isn't that crazy... If one university will allow it, then why not another?

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
how sure are you about that melby? if your 100% then it saves me from asking...

anyways i was flicking thru the macq handbook and they allow me to do combined degreees from 2 uni's just like doing a combined degree at 1 uni. one degree's electives will count for the other degree's electives and vice versa, like i said, its just like doing a normal combined degree.

the reason why i ask is because i want to use macq's internal trasnfer policy to trasnfer to b. applied finance (i got an offer for BIT) because i don't want to be hit with the new hecs fees that will come into effect next year if i transfer to commerce/science at usyd.

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah looks like i will have to go in and plead my case!! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)