second round offer? (1 Viewer)

ben150891

HSC
do you think i will get a second round offer for bachelor of animal and veterinary science at USYD which has an ATAR of 84 when i only got 79.45? i applied for flexible entry for the main round but didn't receive an offer even though UAC says there are vacancies in the course. Can anyone explain why i wouldnt get an offer. I mean i know i didnt have the right ATAR but there was vacancies???

Charizard

HSC
do you think i will get a second round offer for bachelor of animal and veterinary science at USYD which has an ATAR of 84 when i only got 79.45? i applied for flexible entry for the main round but didn't receive an offer even though UAC says there are vacancies in the course. Can anyone explain why i wouldnt get an offer. I mean i know i didnt have the right ATAR but there was vacancies???

University is trying to uphold it's prestigious reputation by not allowing dregs in.

rx34

HSC
I guess they didn't let you in because you were significantly below the cutoff. Even though they have vacancies after the main round, they cannot let anyone who doesn't meet the minimum cutoff in. This might not be the case in UWS, where they do help people with ATARs below the cutoff by giving lots of bonus points. Good luck in second round :)

p.s. I thought flexible entry was for engineering?

MailMofo

HSC
I thought it was overwhelmingly obvious why you didn't and most likely wont get an offer for veterinary science.

Your 4 points below the cut off, and its USydney, who are notorious for upholding the cut-offs.

ben150891

HSC
wow thanks for the nice responses. and i did get into USYD anyway i got into science which also has an ATAR of 84.

ben150891

HSC
just thought you would all like to know that i got an offer for the bachelor of animal and veterinary bioscience last night :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)