Accommodation (1 Viewer)

rachelbagel

HSC
Hey
I just arrived in Australia and I know iv been an idiot and left this really late but is it too late to apply for on-campus accomodation for 2010 and if it isnt which things would be available?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm not too sure, but I would have a look at this site. If you have anymore questions, I'd call Telephone: (02) 9351 3312 at 10am on Monday. :)

Good luck, and welcome to Australia.

rx34

HSC
I think finding on-campus residential college accommodation might be impossible now. USyd Village and IH are already full now, as far as I know.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Sorry to say this, but you have no chance with colleges. You might have a chance with sydney uni village, or perhaps find a share house? As someone said above, contact the unversity's accomodation service.

rachelbagel

HSC
Ah thanks for the replies
The only problem is im in on a NZ passport so theyr counting me as domestic and forgetting im stil coming from abroad. I did apply to one college but didnt get in and never really sorted anything else out.
Oh well i guess il start lookin for shared flats then
Ta

rx34

HSC
I applied for Darlington Houses before the december deadline and since then there has been no correspondence whatsoever. Look for suburbs close by like Glebe, Redfern (if you dare), etc...

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC
I have friends living in Petersham and Broadway. I've stayed with them and I thought it was a really nice area. Particularly being near the Broadway shopping center & cheap places to eat like $6 thai.

breakout-09

Awesomeness
HSC
It's nearly impossible to get on-campus accommodation at this stage, so check out the Accommodation Database here - Off campus accommodation - Current students - The University of Sydney

That's got listings for off-campus accommodation that people have advertised for students. You can access it with your unikey and student id, which you get after enrolment, or you can visit the accommodation service before then if you're desperate.

Good luck, and if all else fails, call the Accommodation Service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)