New Crest (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
That's why I joined the "bring back the old USYD crest" group on Facebook.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I would have thought the age and prestige of the university was one of its best assets. The coat of arms embody such things. To dump the 152 year old arms for a corporate logo makes no sense. The new thing just looks terrible.

I'd note though that the university's arms will continue to be used for formal purposes (Testamurs for example).

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
I would have thought the age and prestige of the university was one of its best assets. The coat of arms embody such things. To dump the 152 year old arms for a corporate logo makes no sense. The new thing just looks terrible.

I'd note though that the university's arms will continue to be used for formal purposes (Testamurs for example).
+1
Betcha it was a 2010 "lets start the decade with a new logo"-thing.

I'm so joining that group on Facebook.

Vecordious

HSC
N/A
Just think about the milions of dollars they spent on the new logo... and they were whinging about losing 100million in the GFC.

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC

+1

The prestige and heritage of Sydney University is what lured me towards it. I really dislike the new logo - it seems so generic.

rx34

HSC
The old logo looks so posh and refined. The new one, as someone above mentioned, looks like a soccer logo. Nay for me.

jet

Banned
HSC
It's fine as a logo, but as a crest? No way!

Nikkay75

Flashbackk
HSC

jet

Banned
HSC
Got a lab coat today and it has the old crest, thank god.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
How did you get the labcoat?

You order online with the form they have us during enrolment?

Salisbury

HSC
N/A
Marian Theobald, the university's external relations executive director, said market research, overseen by the Chicago-based firm Lipman Hearne, had found the university relied too heavily on its sandstone heritage and something ''bolder, more energetic and more modern'' was needed.
What a load of rubbish. The new logo is an example of the fatuous, revisionist drivel that spurts forth from marketers (Americans, no less), who think everything old must be "modernised" at the expense of heritage and tradition. It is like renaming Oxford University "iOxford2.0".

Bring back the original crest please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)