Student ID cards (1 Viewer)

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Has anybody actually got theirs yet?
I thought we were supposed to get them within 10 days of enrollment, but its been 2 weeks now and i still havent received mine!

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
I got mine in the mail yesterday but wasn't at home and hence cbb getting it from the post office till today :p and yeah it's rather interesting. Both uni swipe and debit card swipe. However, there's a problem with the website on one of the pages. I can't enter my DOB in. Not by typing, not by choosing it from a calendar. Doesn't work for me. Also lol at yet another horrific picture of me :p

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
what do you mean website? do we have to do something with our cards on some website?

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Well it has a debit card component to it, which I will most likely use at some point so I'm activating it. It's optional.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
debit card serious? how does that work, do we link it to our bank account or something :S

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
I was wondering if it would, but apparently it just works by itself. No account or anything, just like having a stash of money at home and getting it from there. No interest, some fees unfortunately, but few strings attached. Not giving up my CommBank debit card though :p

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
wtf how is that possible? a debit card uses ur own money right.... well how could USYD possibly access ur own money? unless its a credit card perhaps.. or maybe u have to put money on it to use it

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
No, it literally is you just putting money in a remote electronic location and using it like a debit card. Nothing else. You use the random atmish things around the uni, put in money, it's on the card. Use the card. I think they're at the libraries. Maybe other places too.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
ahh ok i get it now :) thats pretty useful, especially if u only have a keycard. because with this one you can buy stuff online because it has the CVV code thingy on the back of the card :)

i want my card dammit!!!!! :mad:

FutureSight01

IS NOT ASIAN!
HSC
Yeah mine's mostly gonna be used for getting discounts and using the printers I'm thinking haha.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
i don't understand why first years are starting to get theirs already and continuing students have to wait a couple more weeks. since our enrolments are dealt with months in advance, why are our cards distributed at the last minute?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i don't understand why first years are starting to get theirs already and continuing students have to wait a couple more weeks. since our enrolments are dealt with months in advance, why are our cards distributed at the last minute?
dunno, but when continuing students get their new card for the year, dont they have to go get their photo taken or something? maybe thats why it takes longer... or do you guys get the same photo from original enrollment, or do you have to send em a passport sized photo or something?

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
dunno, but when continuing students get their new card for the year, dont they have to go get their photo taken or something? maybe thats why it takes longer... or do you guys get the same photo from original enrollment, or do you have to send em a passport sized photo or something?
they just reuse the photo from first year. (it's therefore extremely important to make sure you get a good photo when you enrol, because a bad one will haunt you throughout your degree. i realise that this should have been pointed out to first years before their enrolment day, but too late :p)

danal353

HSC
they just reuse the photo from first year. (it's therefore extremely important to make sure you get a good photo when you enrol, because a bad one will haunt you throughout your degree. i realise that this should have been pointed out to first years before their enrolment day, but too late :p)
oh my...

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
FML. Lame. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)