Any transfer students got credit exemption from previous studies yet??? (1 Viewer)

rx34

HSC
As above. Or are you folks still waiting for the email from your respective USyd faculties?

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
I emailed them and they said we'll get letters when enrollment is completely finished... which he said was about mid-February so very soon hopefully!!

rx34

HSC
Hey Kane, it's really weird. When I sent my transcripts/units of studies to the economics department, the form stated it would take a maximum of 2 weeks. It's almost 3.5 weeks, and they said another 6 working days. OMG, bloody forever.

I just hate how everyone would be making their timetables on the 18/2 while we're still waiting for our credit exemption application to be processed. I can't even enroll into 2nd year subjects because of 1st year prereqs.

Last edited:

ko0l

Old man
HSC
its worst for me

After I spent the time to enrol in my course and then activate my account to login to the credit transfer page, it finally told me this:

To be eligible for a credit application, students must meet the following criteria:

Started but not graduated from Bachelor degree at another institution or have completed, approved Diploma study.
wtf?

Nowhere else on the site have stated this and also the science and arts faculty both state that maximum allowed credit transfer for a completed degree is 48cp.

I have emailed them before I enrolled last year and they told me they're not allowed to give out information regarding credit transfer unless I enrolled.

If i knew this beforehand i would have enrolled at unsw instead which does give credit exemption for completed degrees.

Are there anyways for me to complain about this? Or am I stuffed?

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
My application for credit hasn't gone through yet, but I'm still enrolled in second year subjects because my previous degree was at USyd too, I think.

Could be because the girl doing enrolment didn't seem to know what she was doing either... :p

My old degree had a max of 30cp per semester and my new one has 24cp... yet I'm enrolled in 30 for semester two without special permission... because I asked to be enrolled in the exact same subjects as my old degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)