No credit exemption from completed degree (1 Viewer)

ko0l

Old man
HSC
After I spent the time to enrol in my course and then activate my account to login to the credit transfer page, it finally told me this:

To be eligible for a credit application, students must meet the following criteria:

Started but not graduated from Bachelor degree at another institution or have completed, approved Diploma study.
wtf?

Nowhere else on the site have stated this and also the science and arts faculty both state that maximum allowed credit transfer for a completed degree is 48cp.

I have emailed them before I enrolled last year and they told me they're not allowed to give out information regarding credit transfer unless I enrolled.

If i knew this beforehand i would have enrolled at unsw instead which does give credit exemption for completed degrees.

Are there anyways for me to complain about this? Or am I stuffed?

amber44

HSC
After I spent the time to enrol in my course and then activate my account to login to the credit transfer page, it finally told me this:

To be eligible for a credit application, students must meet the following criteria:

Started but not graduated from Bachelor degree at another institution or have completed, approved Diploma study.
wtf?

Nowhere else on the site have stated this and also the science and arts faculty both state that maximum allowed credit transfer for a completed degree is 48cp.

I have emailed them before I enrolled last year and they told me they're not allowed to give out information regarding credit transfer unless I enrolled.

If i knew this beforehand i would have enrolled at unsw instead which does give credit exemption for completed degrees.

Are there anyways for me to complain about this? Or am I stuffed?
I always thought the maximum allowed was 48 credit points. Unless they've changed it, get in contact with the faculty, each faculty might have it's own rules in regards to credit transfers. Goodluck!

rx34

HSC
Hey there, I'm not sure about arts/science but with commerce, you can do a 'test' to see if your previous studies would be credited. This would have helped you before you chose which course (UNSW/USyd) to enroll in.

Steps to follow for prospective undergraduate students

The student emails the Student Information Office at student@econ.usyd.edu.au and includes their name, institution of completing/completed study and a list of units of study they wish to apply for credit.
The SIO will then email the student with a list of pre- approved credit as well as outline the units of study which have not been pre-approved. After the student has successfully enrolled with the faculty, an undergraduate credit application can be submitted along with supporting documentation and the official academic transcript.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you can do now. Just thought this would be handy info for others.

ko0l

Old man
HSC
Yeah I did email them, like ages ago. I didn't ask about completed degrees, I just assumed they'll let me since all the other faculties says you can and UNSW allows it as well. I just gave them a list of subjects I've done and asked about credit transfer. But they said they can't give me any info unless I have actually enrolled.

I think I didn't use the student@econ.usyd.edu.au emaill address but used some other one, forgot now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)