timetable help (1 Viewer)

charlie91

HSC
hey guys,

my time table is 5 days, i was wondering how do i change it to get one day completely off? should i call Usyd and if so who? thanks cause i would really hate to go 5 days a week. any other med. science student have similar timetable to me? help please

bio_nut

HSC
5 days tends to be the norm for 1st year med science, unless you're really, really lucky

bio_nut

HSC
you could skip lectures, that's about it

they can't magically move classes around to suit one person, you can only go when it's on

Like, you'd be doing maths, which would cover 4 days most likely, then it's almost certain there will be classes you have to attend on that 5th day

If you're doing bio and chem, there's no way

And you have physics too, don't you?

bio_nut

HSC
Welcome to first year science, we all have this.

charlie91

HSC
yeah i guess your right, but im gonna call anyways but dont know who yet, do you?. anyways i do cheem, bio, 2 maths and physics im about to explode, but i like it, so its worth it, hopefully. and thanks

bio_nut

HSC
You will have 5 days then. There is no way out of this. Check the main timetabling unit, they have all the available times for lectures/labs and such. You cannot possibly fit it all into 4 days, there would be too many clashes.

I'm in second year and still have a 5 day week. Nothing I can do about it except pick subjects I"m not passionate about.

ddtng

HSC
hey guys,

my time table is 5 days, i was wondering how do i change it to get one day completely off? should i call Usyd and if so who? thanks cause i would really hate to go 5 days a week. any other med. science student have similar timetable to me? help please
Give up. It's a lost cause.

ddtng

HSC
Hey, only telling first years what they need to know. Or else the line for timetable changes will continue to be unnecessarily bloated.

charlie91

HSC
hey i dont mean to sound rude either but its just such an annoying timetable, its everywhere and all jammed together. anyways i heard Usyd always have bad timetables

bio_nut

HSC
You would most likely have 5 days as a med sci student at EVERY uni.

cathyjun28

HSC
I'm a med sci student as well, and last year i had things on every day plus 8 o'clock starts four days a week....so glad that i don't have to go through that again :)

anonymus2003

Bored User
HSC
hey thats exactly like me but i finish at 5 everyday and on wednesday i finish at 3
sorry to burst your bubble but it will be like this for a while. Probably next sem and even second and third years. I had a mate in second year who had all 5 days with 4, 8am starts. like someone said above its the norm for science degrees.

Sadly you just gotta do what you gotta do. If you feel you are not productive at uni and ur lectures are recorded you can always just go home or study elsewhere. It's adult education now so you gotta take charge of what and how you learn.

hope that helps. gl in your year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)