Buses to uni (1 Viewer)

Dragonangel

HSC
Ok I'm from Darwin and so I have no idea about the transport systems here in NSW. Apparently we can get PrePay tickets or something, that will give a discount to ridiculous $3.30 tickets that expire as soon as you get off (very different to buses in Darwin...)!

What type of PrePay tickets should I get? :O I've heard of travelten, Flexipass... but I don't know the difference. I just need to catch two buses a day to uni.

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Ok I'm from Darwin and so I have no idea about the transport systems here in NSW. Apparently we can get PrePay tickets or something, that will give a discount to ridiculous $3.30 tickets that expire as soon as you get off (very different to buses in Darwin...)!

What type of PrePay tickets should I get? :O I've heard of travelten, Flexipass... but I don't know the difference. I just need to catch two buses a day to uni.
It really depends on where you are coming from but I'd have to say a TravelTen would be the best option.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah Prepaid tickets are the TravelTen - TravelTens expire after you've dipped them 10 times into the bus. Depending on how many' zones' you're travelling through, that'll determine what sort of Travel Ten you should buy (blue, brown etc etc etc)

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
No there are not any monthly passes for buses. There are Flexipasses but they also include train and ferry which you will not use.

Not sure if you have been following the news but the NSW government is bringing out a new ticketing system for all public transport from 18 April 2010.

All the info is here: MyZone

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the new system.

Dragonangel

HSC
No there are not any monthly passes for buses. There are Flexipasses but they also include train and ferry which you will not use.

Not sure if you have been following the news but the NSW government is bringing out a new ticketing system for all public transport from 18 April 2010.

All the info is here: MyZone

I suggest you familiarise yourself with the new system.
Thanks. :)

Students get a discount, correct?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Blue and orange travelpasses are bus and ferry only.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)