timetable help (1 Viewer)

Babbu

HSC
Hi,

Just feeling confused as to what is the best option - a four day week or a five day as I can still change.
The four day week will have nearly full-on classes so could be tiring. And I have it is mostly office hours say 9 to 5.

A five day week has no day off so I go everyday but then most days have comfortable start say 10 am (some 9 and one even 11 am). The finishing time is early with two 3 pms, one 4 pm and two 5 pm. In this timetable, everyday I get breaks between classes, that too just right not too lenghty. So overall a relaxed approach like we had in school.

Anyone with previous experience to please suggest which one of the two is better. I feel maybe in a four day week, each day is too hectic and long. Is that so?

Thanks

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
I think you should go for a 5 day week, unless you have a commitment other than studying that you need to fill in that extra day. But if your concern is simply to get the most out of your studies, I'd go with 5. You could concentrate in lectures much more when you have longer breaks etc.

But then again, it depends on the person. Some people can stay focussed in a full on day so its entirely up to you =).

Soubrette

HSC
I used to have uni 2-3 days per week (mind you, it was only a 12 hour week, I don't know what you're studying but I assume it's more hours). So for a 12 hour week it was good to get contact hours over with and do the catch up readings/tute work on my days off. Conversely, I was having long days and would feel tired in afternoon tutes/lectures and not pick up on everything (however, a subject dealing with the history of accounting standards is never going to be that interesting...)

Being there for 5 days with breaks can allow you to do some readings or tute work while you're there and you can enjoy being at uni. Coming straight from school, you'll be used to 5 days so it won't be such a stretch. My first semester of uni was 4 days and I found myself going in on the 5th day quite often to do group work etc.

But also like Michaelmoo said, it depends on what type of learner you are as well as your personal preference. It seems like you're leaning more towards the 5 day option, so go with what you're feeling! Especially if you're not worried about a casual job during your first sem.

Hope this helps, and good luck. (If it makes you feel any better, I now have a 5 day timetable compared with my 2 day one last semester =/ )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)