textbooooks? (1 Viewer)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
hey, does anyone know where i could get hold of some kinda list of what textbooks i might possibly need? is it in some REALLY obvious place and im just too blind to see it?

and dont worry, im not gonna rush out and buy every book on the list :D but if i happen to stumble across one on the street, it'd be handy to know if it'd be useful or not! or something like that.

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
Most lecturers will provide you with a list of recommended texts for that unit for the semester! So just wait unitl then.

Also, the co-op bookshop website will have a list of the texts you need for each course at each uni, though the list isn't yet up for Usyd Camperdown/Darlington Campus.

When you go to the actual co-op bookshop at Usyd during O-week and the first few weeks the are lists their aswell with every subject and the required text!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by zannaz
Most lecturers will provide you with a list of recommended texts for that unit for the semester! So just wait unitl then....
well sometimes its betta to know bfore, to beat the rush! :D

zannaz

Deloused
HSC
sometimes the list at the co-op website have multiple textbooks for various subjects or many subjects that have streamed lectures may have diff texts for diff streams, so i would wait until uni starts to make sure u get the right texts. It may save you heaps of $$$!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by zannaz
sometimes the list at the co-op website have multiple textbooks for various subjects or many subjects that have streamed lectures may have diff texts for diff streams, so i would wait until uni starts to make sure u get the right texts. It may save you heaps of $$$!
yep- don't wanna buy the wrong book- and plus if u wanna use the co-op shop, then u might as well wait- coz the prices ain't gonna change (well i hope they don't go up).

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
yep- don't wanna buy the wrong book- and plus if u wanna use the co-op shop, then u might as well wait- coz the prices ain't gonna change (well i hope they don't go up).
2nd hand book shop man... sheez... i went to coop, they got bookz priced sky high... farout, rip off... =(

Generator

HSC
N/A
You mean Level 5.

Given the number of books and the number of students, I would not rely on second hand stores and notice boards.

Edit: There is a second hand book store for the science faculty on the third level of the Carslaw building (From what I have been told). Perhaps that is what you meant by level 3?

Last edited:

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by memo
3rd level wentworth building.
yea, somethign lyk that... i fnk it says in the faculty hand book...

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
narh, pretty sure its level five, where all the pool tables r.

coops not that bad. u get 10% members discount ($25 one-off fee), plus 8% govt rebate on text books, which they give u straight away

i bought 485 worth of books, got bout 80 bucks off. so its only like 10% more than second hand. and i reckon its worth it. plus, if u sell it to second hand bookshop, they give u 40% of the original coop rrp price. so it ends up u paying only bout 40%

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
narh, pretty sure its level five, where all the pool tables r.

coops not that bad. u get 10% members discount ($25 one-off fee), plus 8% govt rebate on text books, which they give u straight away

i bought 485 worth of books, got bout 80 bucks off. so its only like 10% more than second hand. and i reckon its worth it. plus, if u sell it to second hand bookshop, they give u 40% of the original coop rrp price. so it ends up u paying only bout 40%
hence conclusively, u get abit cheaper, but still, cheaper from second hand yes??

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i think its worth paying 10% more for new books, cos u make it all back once u sell to the second hand bookshop

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
i think its worth paying 10% more for new books, cos u make it all back once u sell to the second hand bookshop
yeah, but i'm really bad when it comes to looking after books- coz i always like to highlight, write notes on them and stuff! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)