getting to Uni of Syd (1 Viewer)

Truly_bored

HSC
Does anyone know of any buses from Central Station that will take me to Sydney Uni....Bus number and where to wait for it?
I normally just take the train to Redfern and Walk to the uni....

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
theres heaps taht will take u..im pretty sure theers like 6 buses, but definatly the 314 goes teher...just read teh little boards out teh front..i think u can also get the 315 and the 316...

ashwin

Creator
HSC
yeh redfern is dangerous especially after last nights riot! Man those aboriginies that live there r crazy! They give the whole aboriginal community a bad name

Generator

HSC
N/A
Normally, Redfern is no more dangerous than any other part of Sydney, especially with the great number of students walking along the footpaths and the police presence in peak hour.

Collin

HSC
N/A
I just walk from Central. It's like a 10 minute walk, not really worth catching a bus unless I'm really lazy or late.

shelley

trouble maker
HSC
COLLIN..HI..i miss u! get your ass back onto ausforums!

anyways, ha ha i catch teh bus from central mainly, gets me to teh right section of teh uni..and is less scary..walking..well im sure its good for u, but teh bus is easier..and like 70 cents so meh im not walkin!

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
i agree with generator. there are hordes of usyd students walkng everyday back and forth.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
I just walk from Central. It's like a 10 minute walk, not really worth catching a bus unless I'm really lazy or late.
10 minutes?
i walked it once and it took me 35 minutes!

man, u musta been sprinting all the way or something

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
yeah i have to agree with them.. it takes longer than 10 minutes.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
ain't dat far... unless u r runnin really really short on time,... tis prolly betta to walk from central dan from redfen...

Truly_bored

HSC
Yea...cause i hab to go for bridging course...
I guess i hab to got and get off at Redfern..cause not use to Central and buses there....mite even get there late...

Well I guess it's off to redfern

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Speaking of Redfern, does anyone (current usyd students maybe) know whether the usyd security bus to redfern is always full? Or does anyone even bother catching it...

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
NO way man- atleast 25 mins!!! anyways, i wouldn't wanna walk from central- coz i don't like to go past UTS. :D

Carlito

HSC
I caught the bus to central (Railway Square) today from USYD. It costs 80 cents and u can get off anywhere between USYD and Town Hall

Bus ride takes about 5 mins i'd guess, maybe 10 if u get all the red lights.

Carlito

HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
so anyways- what bus do i catch from central if i wanna get to USYD?
go to the railway square bus stop place and go down to the bus bay marked "C" ... u can catch any bus from there., they're the ones that go on to Newtown after the uni i think

jlh

sooner or later...
HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
Speaking of Redfern, does anyone (current usyd students maybe) know whether the usyd security bus to redfern is always full? Or does anyone even bother catching it...
i've caught the security bus in the evening. i use to finish at 6pm (damn psych tutes)... it depends on where you get on, if you get on at carslaw, its pretty full but you might be able to get a seat, if the driver stops for you. it comes very 30 minutes from i think 5pm onwards.

i only caught it once, the other times it was quicker to walk to redfern than wait for the bus!!

ashwin

Creator
HSC
yeh see im more worried bout walking back from uni to redfern in the afternoon. im guessing thats when the crazy ppl come out to play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)