Subject selection Q (1 Viewer)

critical

hi people,

I have a question regarding subject selections.

I know that I can do up to 32 credits per semester. I have several elective subjects and It looks like I can choose any first year arts, sci, eng and eco subject.

The optimal is 24 credits per semester. My question is - If I decide to choose 30 credits for both semesters 1 & 2:
1) would I have to pay more $$
2) Is there a cap on the number of credits (i.e. do I have to do LESS credits in the following semesters)?

If both of the above is a negative, then wouldn't it be better to max out your credit choices and drop some later if the load becomes too much?

3) Am I guaranteed to get a placement in subjects I enrolled in (i.e what if one becomes full)?

University is so confusing :D

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Generator

HSC
N/A
It would help us all if you told us your degree rather than just what you could select, as there may be a number of degree resolutions limiting what you could take.

It will cost more, as you will be taking extra units, however that would mean that there would be fewer credit points available in later years leading to lower costs at that stage... The costs would even out, basically.

As far as most are concerned 24 is maxing out your credit load, especially when the system runs along the (general) lines of all years carrying a 48 credit point load with 24 credit points a semester accounting for a full-time study programme. The only reason to consider going over the recommended number is if you must repeat or catch up on a unit or two. Just remember that this isn't the HSC, and there is much more to it than dropping down from 14 to 10 credit points (units, sorry).

critical

I'm doing BCST this year - It's just that when I was doing course variations online and accidentally enrolled into 5 subjects/30 credit points for a semester. The system didn't complain. Of course I changed it back, but I was just wondering what were the limitations were.

The subject selection sheet said nothing about what happens in the later years if you take extra credit points now. It only says you are allowed a max of 32 per sem (more will need dept. perm.) and if you take less than 24 for a sem, you'll have to make up for it later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)