timetable?textbooks? (1 Viewer)

FASN8U

Hey can anybody tell me when are we getting our timetable for usyd? And should we buy the textbooks now or should we wait when we start uni? But then wouldn't we be behind if lectures begin and we still haven't got out text books?

Also with usyd about timetable, I heard we get it at o-week is that true? Cause when I went to enrol my main round offer in UTS we already got our timetable on enrollment day! Where as my late round enrollment for Sydney was just simply enrollment! And how come USYD start one week later than other unis?

Thanks

Generator

HSC
N/A
The timetables are released on the first day of O-Week, although you could work out a rough version with the times shown at the subject times section of the timetable unit's site. http://web.timetable.auth.usyd.edu.au/index.jsp

Only buy the textbook once the lecturer has said that it is needed. This isn't the HSC, and many units only use a textbook as an occasional aid rather than a unit outline.

Wildmage

My advice ==> NEVER buy every single textbook that's recommended. Don't buy them new either. Wait until mid-semester, you can get real bargains 'cause ex-students always advertise on the walls. Also, the second-hand bookshop is a good place to hunt for your books. The stupidest thing to do is to get all your textbooks at once and at full-price. Oh, and some books aren't even needed... so just have patience!!!! In the meantime, the library has copies of all your textbooks, use that!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)