Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Welcome back to the continuing usyders, and a special greeting to the new faces.

For those who don't know this thread serves as a general discussion thread for usyd students. Please keep all the miscellaneous and off-topic conversation here as well as comments/queries/observations that don't warrant a new thread. While posts that would generally be considered spam elsewhere are tolerated in this thread, please note that this is not a substitute for Non-School.

Hope you all have a successful year,

James

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: 2012 USYD Chatter Thread

Thanks Rafy.

Do any of you guys have an idea whether all the newbs flock to Manning & Hermann's in the first few weeks because of the novelty of drinking while learning? I was thinking of catching up with some of my mates there but I recall hearing a couple of years on BoS that it's too busy at the beginning of semester.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A

Thanks Rafy.

Do any of you guys have an idea whether all the newbs flock to Manning & Hermann's in the first few weeks because of the novelty of drinking while learning? I was thinking of catching up with some of my mates there but I recall hearing a couple of years on BoS that it's too busy at the beginning of semester.
It's true. First few weeks of Uni I went there to check it out.

Saw the crowd then thought "nope."

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad

Thanks Rafy.

yes. yes they do. very much so.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

The whole uni is usually quite crowded for the first couple of weeks.

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Tip for first years: No need to dress up for uni. Always get a laugh out of spotting first years. They'll be the ones wearing heels.

study-freak

Bored of
HSC

Tip for first years: No need to dress up for uni. Always get a laugh out of spotting first years. They'll be the ones wearing heels.
LMAO! Personally never seen any first years do that, but would be pretty funny

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

I have a $150 law textbook I will need to purchase for Semester 1. Boy, it's been awhile since I needed to buy something as pricy as that.

kcqn93

HSC

I saw a girl in a formal dress once.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

I saw a girl in a formal dress once.
Lol, what is wrong with you USyd people?
I'm going to rock up in my trackies everyday if I end up going.

kcqn93

HSC

Lol, what is wrong with you USyd people?
I'm going to rock up in my trackies everyday if I end up going.
Wait until you see the hipster/indie arts people in their tight jeans walking campus around bare feet.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad

Wait until you see the hipster/indie arts people in their tight jeans walking campus around bare feet.
I will be bare foot too so it's all good.
I might be hipster for the first day to fit in and make friends, but after that I will wear my trackies and singlets and walk around bare foot.
So much west.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad

Would I get away with just wearing my converses every day?

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

yes, that's fine.

Another tip for first years: Make sure you make friends in first semester. Ideally a group of friends. You'll find uni life so so much better. Don't miss the boat. Talk to people in class. Join some clubs and societies.

kcqn93

HSC

If you're running around nude with just your converses on. No. I'm pretty sure campus security will tackle you down. trollface.jpg

Serious: Yeah sure, no one really cares about your shoes. Unless you're in Science or Engineering, some labs will require you to have proper shoes. (covered, leather and not sneakers)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Yeh, nobody is really going to care what you are wearing.

erob

HSC
Uni Grad

If you're running around nude with just your converses on. No. I'm pretty sure campus security will tackle you down. trollface.jpg

Serious: Yeah sure, no one really cares about your shoes. Unless you're in Science or Engineering, some labs will require you to have proper shoes. (covered, leather and not sneakers)
Lol...yeah, doing science/arts. I have 14-hole docs as well, would they be ok for science?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)