Semester 2 Chatter Thread 2014. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
Since no one has started one and amleops reminded us that we should've started one by now so here it is!

Welcome to the students that started this semester and the returning students. May the stress begin!

Important dates to remember:

Semester 2

Lectures begin:............Monday 28 July
Midsemester break:.....Monday 29 September to Friday 3 October
Lectures end:...............Friday 31 October
Study vacation:............Monday 3 November to Friday 7 November
Examination period:.....Monday 10 November to Saturday 22 November
Semester ends:...........Saturday 22 November

Last day to add a unit:............................................. Friday 8 August
CENSUS DATE/Last day to withdraw from a unit: ..... Sunday 31 August
Last day to DNF: (Discontinue Not Fail): ...................Friday 12 September
Last Day to DF (Discontinue Fail):............................. Friday 31 October

Public holidays

Labour Day ........... Monday 6 October
Christmas Day ........ Thursday, 25 December
Boxing Day ........ Friday, 26 December

It is your responsibility to identify the correct dates for your units of study. Always confirm important dates with the University of Sydney first. Bored of Studies accepts no liability for inaccuracies in this information.

lots of love and good cheer,

_travler_ and Blue Suede

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Hello everyone, my name is Blue Suede and I'm considering alcoholism as a socially appropriate way to deal with my life.

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
Hello everyone, my name is Blue Suede and I'm considering alcoholism as a socially appropriate way to deal with my life.
2nded! DO ET.

anyone wanna meet up on friday afternoon? 2-5/6pm?

Presentation this weds, THE NERVES. A shot of vodka and a can of redbull should fix things up!

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
So, Monday morning all of my units and degree enrolment disappeared from Sydney Student and the timetabling site. Today, Blackboard went as well.

According to the Student Help Desk it appears that all of the transfers I've done have caused so many paradoxes in the system that it just shut down. Hoping they can sort it out by the end of the day.

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
So, Monday morning all of my units and degree enrolment disappeared from Sydney Student and the timetabling site. Today, Blackboard went as well.

According to the Student Help Desk it appears that all of the transfers I've done have caused so many paradoxes in the system that it just shut down. Hoping they can sort it out by the end of the day.
so what you're say is that... YOU DONT EVEN GO HERE!?

for now

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
All sorted out now haha. Still don't have anything on Blackboard but I'll give it a day to update.

Dead set, USYD administration is the bane of my existence.

kenbo

HSC
N/A

Hey
I think i am having the same issue as you. Did you apply for course transfer recently? and where can you go to get it fixed?

antheung

HSC
N/A
All sorted out now haha. Still don't have anything on Blackboard but I'll give it a day to update.

Dead set, USYD administration is the bane of my existence.
Good for you, Amleops.

Unfortunately, the credit transfer issue that I've had since the end of July (before the new semester started) still remains unresolved. The staff said that they would need to resolve all issues concerning enrolment first ...

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Hey
I think i am having the same issue as you. Did you apply for course transfer recently? and where can you go to get it fixed?
Yeah it was a problem with processing recent transfers.

Student Services were able to sort it out for me. If you want to visit in person you should go to the office on Level 3 of the Jane Foss Russell Building.

Good for you, Amleops.

Unfortunately, the credit transfer issue that I've had since the end of July (before the new semester started) still remains unresolved. The staff said that they would need to resolve all issues concerning enrolment first ...
I'd definitely follow them up. Keep calling, keep enquiring, and be relentless. That's how I get stuff done. :)

Last edited:

antheung

HSC
N/A
Yeah it was a problem with processing recent transfers.

Student Services were able to sort it out for me. If you want to visit in person you should go to the office on Level 3 of the Jane Foss Russell Building.

I'd definitely follow them up. Keep calling, keep enquiring, and be relentless. That's how I get stuff done. :)
Yeah I'll definitely talk with them again later this week or next week. :frown2:

Speaking of your course transfer, is there anything wrong when you log in to Sydney Student to check your fees? Cos I notice that I'm being charged twice the amount that I should pay (for combined science AND science, 2 courses in total) ... I've sent an email to the Faculty and they just keep forwarding my email to some other department and I still haven't received a reply, and when I went to ask the HECS officer in person she said the issue should be resolved soon.

Seriously, I think Sydney Student has made things a lot more complicated than they should be.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
My finances seem to be OK.

Yeah it's frustrating, I was redirected many times to different people as well. In the end I fortunately got someone who knew what he was doing.

antheung

HSC
N/A
My finances seem to be OK.

Yeah it's frustrating, I was redirected many times to different people as well. In the end I fortunately got someone who knew what he was doing.
It seems that so many of the glitches of Sydney Student affect me. :frown2:

Edit: Amleops, were you able to discontinue your combined Science course after you transferred? Cos when I log in to Sydney Student and look at my course details, I don't see the option to discontinue from the combined Science course that I transferred out of - now I can only discontinue the Bachelor of Science course that I transferred into.

Last edited:

kenbo

HSC
N/A
Ok thanks for the info, i might try on Friday.

Yeah i can't access blackboard at all and i'm still not enrolled yet
:S

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
I wish we had more than one night viewing session for astronomy, even with the light pollution. Wicked cold up there on the roof, but stars are just so nice to look at.

Someone was almost stuck in a stairwell for a while though; heading back down the person I was with heard knocking and went to investigate, and we found someone had gone out the wrong way and become stuck between swipe card security doors.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I deserve a pat on the back solely on the fact that I actually wrote up the notes for lectures at the end of each day. Five bucks says I'll become lazy again at the end of week three. :p

Edit: I was enjoying my croissant and capp when two girls came to me (in Eastern Ave) asking for room 3-- in Carslaw. Had to tell them that they needed to head over to "Carslaw" and pointed out the window... croissant and capp in hand. I felt rude and bad. I did smile though ~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)