masters of physiotherapy (1 Viewer)

mike12345678

HSC
hey guys,

im currently studying a bachelor of medical science at USYD in my second year and was considering on transferring to a masters of physiotherapy at usyd. just a few questions if anyone could answer:

1)what is generally the GPA cut off? they say a credit on the website but thats as a minimum anyone know a realistic goal?
2)has anyone actually made the switch form med sci to Masters of physiotherapy and what's it like?
3)how many students are taken in each year?
4) i know theres a masters of physiotherapy at UWS, am i able to transfer across if need be and anyone doing that course, any info would be appreciated.

thanks heaps everyone!

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I don't think you can really "transfer" into a Masters of Physiotherapy, seeing as it is a postgraduate degree. You will have to complete your Bachelor's degree and then apply afresh.

UWS used to have a Masters of Physiotherapy program that you could access at an undergraduate level, by doing it combined with a Bachelor of Health Sciences. However, they've fazed that out for new students, and have replaced it with a singular Physiotherapy degree at a Bachelor's level. So if you want to do a Masters at UWS the process would be the same as at USYD.

podpaul

HSC
Hey
So if you want to do Masters of physiotherapy, you will need to complete you undergraduate studies first.
However, if you would like to transfer before finishing your undergraduate studies, you will need to transfer to a Bachelor of physiotherapy or equivalent degree.
Hope that helps.

Jeniistar

HSC
1. Realistically the gpa cut off would be 5.0+. 6 would guarantee you a place. However I know a guy with a gpa of 5.3 and he didn't get an offer this year.
2. I know someone who got in with a gpa of 5.5, he did a bachelors in exercise physiology at unsw.
3. About 100 places are available each year. However keep in mind you are competing with hundreds of other students from exercise physiology, health science, exercise science, etc.
4. Don't bother with masters of physio at UWS, they only take in about 40 students a year and it's only reserved for their own students in the bachelor of health science/masters of physiotherapy program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)