Eligibility for Elite Athletes and Performers Scheme (1 Viewer)

JaySea2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey everyone,

How good does one need to be or what does one need to have done, in order to be considered an "Elite Performer" under the USyd Elite Athletes and Performers scheme?

I received my Associate Diploma in Music (AMusA) last year in piano. Would I be eligible for this scheme?

I just wish USyd would be as clear as UNSW in terms of EAP points. :frown2:

Thank you! Any help would be much appreciated. :)

peri24

HSC
whats your 100m sprinting time? i can tell if you are considered an elite athlete.

JaySea2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for your help, but I'm a musician, so I'm actually looking to apply as an 'elite performer'. :)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
It's definitely worth applying for. Just keep in mind the purpose of the EAP is to help elite athletes and performers whose school results were affected negatively by the time and effort they put into their outside activities, not to throw bonus points at them for their proficiency at those outside activities in themselves.

An AMusA is a significant achievement, if you can prove that studying for that affected your HSC performance, then I'd say you'd be certain to get in. Apply either way though, you've got nothing to lose.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
With UNSW, I know that there is a specific list which determines the cut-off and how many points you get.

Maybe there is one for USyd? Have a look around and see if you can find something.

JaySea2014

HSC
Uni Grad
With UNSW, I know that there is a specific list which determines the cut-off and how many points you get.

Maybe there is one for USyd? Have a look around and see if you can find something.
No, unfortunately there isn't one for USyd, which is really annoying. :( That's why I'm not sure if I'm eligible or not.

JaySea2014

HSC
Uni Grad
It's definitely worth applying for. Just keep in mind the purpose of the EAP is to help elite athletes and performers whose school results were affected negatively by the time and effort they put into their outside activities, not to throw bonus points at them for their proficiency at those outside activities in themselves.

An AMusA is a significant achievement, if you can prove that studying for that affected your HSC performance, then I'd say you'd be certain to get in. Apply either way though, you've got nothing to lose.
It required about 14 hours of practice each week, which obviously is taking a lot of time away from my studies. Would that be considered as having a significant impact?

On the application form, they ask you for the number of school days missed etc, but the problem with me is that I've only missed like 2 days due to piano. So I don't know whether I'd be considered as being "significantly" affected or not. :(

AnastasiaH1991

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi there,

I was in a similar situation to you upon finishing my HSC. I was awarded 4 additional points at UNSW but unfortunately nothing extra at Usyd.

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Yeah, I'm not sure if 2 hours of practice a day is that significant.

Apply for it anyway, but don't be surprised if your application turns out like Anastasia's.

turntaker

HSC
Can I play the lion sleeps tonite and get into unswM

bangladesh

HSC
Yeah i agree that usyd is generally not very clear in regards to those things. Both my friend and I applied for it under elite athletes and she got bonus points and got into law, however i didn't require bonus points so idk what happened with mine. The best thing is to just apply and hope for the best. Make sure your application is completed and you have supplied sufficient documents/references.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)