Engineering/Commerce Mark Calculation (1 Viewer)

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
So I do an Engg/Comm degree, and I was just wondering how they will determine my mark. The double degree course rules state:
Candidates will be awarded a separate testamur for each degree completed.
Does this mean that I'll be awarded 2 certificates, one for engineering and one for commerce? If so, will they have different WAMs (with the commerce WAM based on my commerce subjects and engineering WAM based on my engg subjects)?
The Engg faculty resolution also states that:
For undergraduate students in Engineering and IT courses, the weightings are 0 for 1000 level units, 2 for 2000 level units, 3 for 3000 level units and 4 for 4000 level or above units.
I would assume that this also applies to me (only for the engg subs, of course). I've done 2 commerce subjects, so does this mean that I don't actually have a WAM for engg yet (since everything was 1xxx) and my comm wam is the average of the 2 subjects I did?

engineering

HSC
N/A
those rules refer to your WAM for the purposes of honours at the end of your degree. AFter year 1, none of the 1000 level units count to that WAM

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
Yeah I think that is just for internal purposes - not when you apply to jobs etc.
But yeah , for engo your current WAM for honours purposes is 0.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh ok, I see. When applying for jobs, is the WAM just the usual formula then, and includes all units of studies that I have undertaken?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)