Messed up whole uni degree! (1 Viewer)

HSC
I've messed up my whole degree because I've suddenly decided I want to do psychology except that I'm doing a BA. If I do psychology this year I'll have gone over my 48 junior credit points so I can't actually do it at all and I can't apply to exceed the credit point limit.

Is there actually anything I can do about this? or am I screwed?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Have you applied for special permission to overload more than the degree requirements? I had a friend who switched from Anatomy to Biology through the process. You haven't really messed it up but it is a good thing that you decided what you want out of this degree. All the best ~ :)

HSC
Thanks! Well I'll still be doing a BA but I just want to major in psychology. I looked up the exceeding the junior credit point application form and the policy and it says I can only apply to exceed the limit if the subject is core to my degree...which I'm assuming it isn't because you can do anything in arts.

Is that the same special permission thing your friend applied for?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Thanks! Well I'll still be doing a BA but I just want to major in psychology. I looked up the exceeding the junior credit point application form and the policy and it says I can only apply to exceed the limit if the subject is core to my degree...which I'm assuming it isn't because you can do anything in arts.

Is that the same special permission thing your friend applied for?
No. But you should email them (the art faculty) and ask if it is possible to overload junior units (which is only two for PSYC) to progress onto your senior and intermediate units. They should allow it ~ I mean the degree requirements state you need to major in one of the disciplines listed in order to graduate lol and the two junior PSYC is core to your major.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Otherwise, you can try asking for an appointment with an academic advisor/degree planner to help go over your situation. You may need permission from the Pro Dean to exceed degree resolutions, but with some coersion it isn't too difficult.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
I've messed up my whole degree because I've suddenly decided I want to do psychology except that I'm doing a BA. If I do psychology this year I'll have gone over my 48 junior credit points so I can't actually do it at all and I can't apply to exceed the credit point limit.

Is there actually anything I can do about this? or am I screwed?
You're not exactly screwed. What I suggest is apply for special permission first explaining your reason and if that doesn't work out, you can then email them about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)