credit transfer? (1 Viewer)

HSC
sorry for posting on here way more than I should but I'm just a bit confused about credit transfer.

I've accepted an offer to transfer courses into another usyd course and I was wondering how much credit I need to transfer. I'm filling out the credit transfer application on Sydney Student and it says that I can just put down more than one item. Does that mean I just put down all my units or the ones I did the best in?

I can't find a document that says what units can transfer across so I'm not sure what to put down. I need to apply asap because before I enrol in my new course I have to discontinue from arts.

It also says I can supply additional information...is that necessary? I'm no quite sure what I would write in there.

Thanks!

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
I'd apply for credit for all of the subjects that you can.

Doesn't matter if you have done good in them or not; when you transfer, your marks aren't included in your WAM.

HSC
oh cool thanks! so how does it work exactly? If I get the credit does it mean I won't have to do first year media and communications except for the core units? or will I be a year ahead? I don't quite get how it works

EDIT: Also can I just apply for every subject or is there a list of subjects that Media and Comm don't accept? If there is I cannot find one anywhere.

Last edited:
HSC
I've applied for credit now, so the application is submitted. Am I able to discontinue my arts course now and enrol in media and communications? or will that mess up my whole credit application?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Yes it means the only first year subjects you have to do is MECO1001, 1002 and 1003.

Seeing as your going from Arts to Media and Communications, which is pretty much just a more specified Arts degree, all of your subjects should be accepted.

HSC
so I can discontinue my arts course now? or should I wait until the credit thing is finalised?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Yeah, discontinue. You'll still be in the Media and Communications degree whether you get credit or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)