Semester 1 USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The summer is over, O-Week is being washed away by the rain, and classes are starting on the flip side, so it's about time we got this chatter thread started up again. Welcome back to our current students and those who will be commencing their studies at USYD for the first time.

Just a word of warning:

This thread serves as a general discussion thread for USYD students. Please keep all the miscellaneous and off-topic conversation here as well as comments/queries/observations that don't warrant a new thread. While posts that would generally be considered spam elsewhere are tolerated in this thread, please note that this is not a substitute for Non-School.

Best wishes from,

OzKo & Blue Suede

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
It hasn't been raining that much......

You copied that message from last years thread. Where's your originality OzKo? :p

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
It hasn't been raining that much......

You copied that message from last years thread. Where's your originality OzKo? :p
Still rained though.

I'll take that, considering it saves me a few minutes of thinking.

:)

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
My 6 hour break on Wednesday is filling me with awe and dread. I know we're not meant to, but does anyone have any heads up on any interesting lectures between something like 11 and 3, that they won't notice me in? To stave off break-madness for at least a few weeks.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Anyone interested in doing the citi stockpitch challenge? would love to form a team

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
My 6 hour break on Wednesday is filling me with awe and dread. I know we're not meant to, but does anyone have any heads up on any interesting lectures between something like 11 and 3, that they won't notice me in? To stave off break-madness for at least a few weeks.
Why not just take a breather and go to the museums, shop at Broadway, eat out at Newtown etc.?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Why not just take a breather and go to the museums, shop at Broadway, eat out at Newtown etc.?
My friend is getting married in Hawaii in April, and I decided to be fiscally irresponsible and extend it to a holiday while I'm there, so my current entertainment budget has been reduced to `is it free?´.

Museums are an excellent idea that I didn't think of though!

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
My friend is getting married in Hawaii in April, and I decided to be fiscally irresponsible and extend it to a holiday while I'm there, so my current entertainment budget has been reduced to `is it free?´.

Museums are an excellent idea that I didn't think of though!
Yeah and as an Anatomy student you are granted restricted access to the medical museums - though they aren't your typical museums.

EDIT: Oh and I should also suggest the Conservatorium of Music if you're willing to travel there - check out and listen to the free performances they have. :D

Last edited:

Swaan

Stupid Fat Hobbit
HSC
Spent a good 20 mins trying to find the storie dixson building holy crap

Silly Sausage

HSC
What!? You've had your first assessment already!?
Yeah for engineering the lecturer (have him for tutes as well) pretty much taught the material for 1hr and made us do problem solving questions that were to be submitted when the tute finished. I got less than half-done and when someone asked the professor if it was worth anything he said "Yes, of course - everything you do will be worth something!"

Larche

HSC
Yeah for engineering the lecturer (have him for tutes as well) pretty much taught the material for 1hr and made us do problem solving questions that were to be submitted when the tute finished. I got less than half-done and when someone asked the professor if it was worth anything he said "Yes, of course - everything you do will be worth something!"
I don't think he was being serious

_traveler_

That married guy
HSC
N/A
totally under estimated the wasabi mayo. wooooooooosh

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
What happened to the Carslaw Coffee Cart? Had to walk back to Laneway... SMH.

Also the Dentistry and Pharmacy students graduated today. So get use to seeing graduate students walk around (and also the flowers and gift bearers) every Friday between 9-4 until May. PLUS the carillons will play such sweet sweet music.

(I should also mention that some ceremonies are held on a Thursday too)

Last edited:

Silly Sausage

HSC
Is anyone else having difficulties with accessing myuni in the past hour?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
What happened to the Carslaw Coffee Cart? Had to walk back to Laneway... SMH.

Also the Dentistry and Pharmacy students graduated today. So get use to seeing graduate students walk around (and also the flowers and gift bearers) every Friday between 9-4 until May. PLUS the carillons will play such sweet sweet music.

(I should also mention that some ceremonies are held on a Thursday too)
When's your grad ceremony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)